Thursday, March 4, 2010

Things I see......

I take my daughter to school in the morning...... usually we are running late:) The past few weeks however, we have been early, which gives me the opportunity to park my vehicle at the top of the hill and watch her walk in to school. After she goes in, I like to sit and people watch, and I have noticed a lot of really sweet things going on.

There is a dad who walks his son into the school everyday- he walks him all the way to the door....with his arm around his son......and they wear matching coats:)

There is a mom who wears her hair in braids everyday and literally RUNS with her son all the way to the front door.....and then she holds the door open for all the kids running in (I think they are usually running late too)

There is a brother who patiently waits for his sister to get out of the car and then he helps walk her across the cross-walk and holds the door open for her. Maybe his mom makes him do this or maybe, as I would like to think, he does it because he loves her.

And, there is a sweet little girl, who gives her mommy a kiss and a great big smile before she gets out of the truck each day--- this ones mine- and she totally makes my day:)

5 comments:

OneCrazyFamily said...

Thank you for that Liz, sometimes I forget to just sit back and watch..

loves..

Tiffany said...

Do you see the mom in her pj's embarrassing her 7 year old daughter because she is, in fact, in her pj's? Ya, that's me.

Heidi said...

This brought tears. I need to slow down and just watch. What a great post!

That Dorn Family! said...

Hey Beth, I always love reading your posts. Yes, I am still around. Just so busy sometimes it's crazy. Give me a holler when you get a chance. d.suzie.b@gmail.com - I had to change my email address because we changed internet providers.
BTW - congrats on the new little one. All your kids are just soooo cute.

The Burtons said...

What a sweet post! Remember the lady with all the red-headed kids that are surrounded by a glowing white light of love? Ya right! I'm glad all these kids have such loving parents.