Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Calming.....

Wake up!!!!!!
Get Dressed- no time for shower- slept in
Load Washing Machine
Get Brecken out of crib
Change his diaper- ew
Feed Brecken in high chair
Wake up Girls
Answer Phone
Check e-mail
Girls aren't out of bed- go tell them they have to get up- we are leaving in 1 hour
Make Breakfast for girls
Make bed
Do Girls' Hair
Switch Laundry
Do my Hair
Unload Dishwasher
Pack diaperbag
Fill sippy cups

And we're off..........
Almost- Can't find keys- they were sitting on front seat :)
Go pick up friend's daughter
Go to Nick's office- pick up tax return
Go to Clients office in Prescott- drop off tax return
Go to Costco- had a flat last night and need to get it fixed
2 HOUR wait at Costco for the flat :)
Cruise Costco--
Eat Samples
Wait in line for 20 minutes- it's busy due to 4th of July traffic
(what do I care- I have to wait for 2 hours for my tire)
Buy Cat Liter-Finally
Wait in concession line
Buy Pizza and Hot Dogs- oh yummy- lunch of champions- NOT
Tire still not done- at least 45 more minutes
Let girls play with empty boxes and build "castles" outside the tire entrance
Surprise--- tire is ready 20 minutes early :)
(I'm sure it had nothing to do with the girls playing loudly outside their door )
Take Girls to mall to go to Claire's
They change their mind 45 times as to what to buy :)
Feed Brecken in stroller while waiting
And Waiting........
Go to Children's Place- not in the budget- dang it!
Looked anyway- and maybe got a few things- I suck!
Stop at Sonic- get drinks- It's HAPPY hour
Return Movie
Yell at Ainslie for dumping drink in lap first thing
Go to Bank
Stop and get gas
Post Office-mail client documents
Kohl's- had to get Nick a B-day present- it's in 2 days :)
Drop off friend at Grandma's house

Finally we are home....
Get girls started on cleaning room
Make dinner
Feed Brecken- in high chair-he loves PB and J
Do Dishes
Water plants out back
Give Brecken a bath in sink while still cooking
Take out Trash
Sweep Floor- Brecken got in to it before I got it into the dust pan
Sweep Again
Feed girlies
Change Sheets on spare bed (company coming)
Brecken got in to cat food and water
Give Brecken ANOTHER bath- smells much better!
Put girls in shower
Clean up cat food and water
Wash Ainslie's hair
Get girl's out of bath
Make a bottle

AND THEN THE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....
At the end of my somewhat hectic day, I get to sit with my sweet, chubby little guy and snuggle him super close and feed him a bottle. I love to watch him wrap his chunky finger around mine and look at him in the eyes and sing him sweet lullabye's and just simply relax! Nothing is sweeter than his little grin and nothing calms me more than to hold him close. It makes all the other little things I do throughout the day seem so unimportant and unnecessary and I look forward to it every night!

3 comments:

teviawall said...

Isn't it amazing how busy a stay at home mom is? I never cease to marvel at everything we do. And I agree whole heartedly with cherishing those moments of cuddling and bonding with a child. Even as they grow older, I find great joy in cuddling with my kids and expressing my love for them and marvel that they still love me as much as they do even when the crazy lady leaks out. Thanks for sharing your day Beth, it was a wonderful thing to read this morning to start my day!

Tiffany said...

Wow! Who says stay at home mom's sit on their toosh all day long? Well maybe me . . . j/k

Christina said...

Whew! I'm tired after just reading that. A day in the life of superwoman! :) I love your blog.