3 years ago
Thursday, June 2, 2011
The touch
He doesn't know me. To him, I am just another mom, who has a kid with cancer. But after a really long day of chemo and testing, he put his hand on my shoulder and told me "keep up the good work mom, your daughter is beautiful". I am sure that he will never know how much that touch meant to me- it was a generic jesture-one he has probably done a million times, to lot of moms and dads. The touch of his hand on my shoulder was such a comfort though. The words were nice, but there is something to be said about a kind touch. It was a wonderful end to a slightly stressful day and it was just what I needed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I so know what you mean! first off, human touch is so important. People now a days shy away from it for fear of getting busted for inappropriate behavior. How sad.
I always love when we visit our cardiologist because he hugs every kid, always asks about bret (when bret doesn't go to the appt) and calls the boys "my lovelies and "my sweethearts" and always hugs me and says, "keep positive mom." and this has been for almost 11 years.
So yes, that small touch, that small human contact of understanding and kindness makes a huge difference in a day that seems like hell.
So glad that you received some comfort. I am sure being the Mommy, it can be hard to be strong sometimes. Still praying for you... :)
Post a Comment