Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Ainslie turns 6


 After the rough year she has had, it was awesome to celebrate Ainslie's 6th birthday!  It was even more awesome to celebrate it with her being cancer free :)  It felt a like things are starting to get back to normal... so nice!  Ainslie is such a fun girl! She always comes up with crazy themes and ideas for her parties--she LOVES to celebrate!!!!

Ainslie cracks me up because on one hand she is super girly- note the frilly pink skirt that she LOVES and had to wear for her party! But on the other hand, she has a love for dinosaurs, which most people associate with boys. She really is obsessed- her party last year was a dinosaur party- kind of a Flintstones theme, equipped with our very own dinosaur "dig" in the sandbox--- this year she wanted dinosaurs again!! I love it, except it is really hard to find "girly" dinosaur things for a party- they all mostly look scarey, so I have to get super creative for games and goodie bag items. 


It was a little bit tricky finding a cake with dinosaurs--I made her one last year, but was so not up for the task this year.  I finally found a cake that was supposed to be an ICE Age cake and I just had them leave their decorations off and put our own mini dinos on it- we have no shortage of dinos in our house due to the fascination with dinos on her part :)  It was pretty awesome-  it had 2 volcanoes on it and she loved it!!! 

 Her actual birthday was on a Monday, so we woke her up a little early to open a few presents from the family before getting ready for school- it's always a bummer when you have to go to school on your birthday!!!  She got her very own Zoobles, which she has been wanting for awhile...and she got a Zhu-Zhu pet holder, which mom was excited about so that there wouldn't be Zhu-Zhu's all over her room :)
 The whole gang!!!
 We painted stained glass for a craft and the girls really seemed to enjoy that --- so did Brecken--he got paint everywhere- including my shirt!!  We also played Pin the Eye on the Dinosaur-so fun and cute!!
 For her birthday breakfast I made her a "longneck" pancake.  She had requested pancakes the night before and I was glad that I didn't break the dino when I flipped it over to cook :)

Ainslie is beatuiful and fun to be around.  I was so proud of her for finally taking her hat off during the party and just letting loose- that has been hard for her since her hair fell out- it is growing back so fast though and she is super excited to see how it is going to look when it grows in.    She loves to be with her friends and family and I was excited that we had both at her party!  Sometimes it feels like everyday is a bonus with her- she is so full of life and it is such a joy to my heart to see!  I hope we are blessed to have  many more birthdays with her sweet face smiling at each one!

1 comment:

Jena said...

So excited for the birthday girl! Love her and you all!