Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Double Digits!!

Best. Birthday. EVER!!!
Well, at least it was for this little girl, who just turned 10 :)  I honestly can't believe she is 10 now- it truly is going by way too fast.  McKyrie is such a sweetheart and a wonderful helper to me.  She is in 4th grade and such a smartie.  I am so grateful for her expample to her siblings (most of the time lol) and for her desire to be good and kind.  She wants to make good choices and struggles when she sees others doing wrong- I hope she keeps that beautiful quality about her. We feel so blessed to have her as a part of our family....Happy Birthday McKyrie!

 So for her big 1-0, McKyrie wanted to a "polar bear" party...because they are her favorite animal.  Let's just say there is NO polar bear anything out there to purchase for parties, so we decided on a "Polar-Splash" party, and took it to a pool!  It was difficult finding a cake as well....but I finally found this one at Wal-Mart that was supposed to be for a snow-boarder, but I just had them leave the "snow-dude" off and added my own accessories- polar bear found in Breckens toy box:)  My mom had the cute idea of adding the ice-blocks-they are ice-cube gum pieces and the kids loved those the best!
Ky has just about grown out of everything-including her church dresses- she has gotten too tall for them- so we got her a new one for her birthday- she was excited because now she has 2 dresses to choose from instead of one-haha.
We were in a conference room for the party- it was so cute to hear 19 screaming girls (and 2 boys, Brecken and Brigham) singing "Happy Birthday to you CHA-CHA-CHA"!!  I have no idea how the front desk people could hear anything over their voices lol.  It was fun having all of her friends there- usually I limit her a bit more on the number of people, but hey, it was at a hotel and not in my house so that made it a lot easier to deal with.

The girls all had such a blast- the pool idea was a great success I have to say- one of my favorite parties we have ever done!  We usually do them at home, but since she got a bit jipped last year with Ainslie getting sick right before her birthday, we decided to go a little bit crazy this year and make it extra special for her- besides, you only move into double digits once!
Happy Birthday McKyrie- I love you and hope you had a wonderful birthday!  Go big 10!!

3 comments:

teviawall said...

You are a fun mom! I would probably pull my hair out or drown the kids if I did something like that. Not to mention the auditory overload that would drive me over the edge at an indoor pool. You are much braver than I am.

It's hard to believe how fast time flies. Remember about 10 years (plus some) that you Jill and I were pregers at the same time? That seems like ages ago.

I'm glad you post things on your blog about your family. I love reading about how you all are doing.

:)

Jena said...

Happy 10th Birthday McKyrie! So glad she had a good time!

Heidi said...

Hi this is the other Elizabeth in Utah,sorry we missed her birthday. it looked really fun!!!For my birthday we had a BBQ!The string cheese story was so funny!I am glad she had fun!Your a cool family HERBS!TALK TO YOU SOON!!!!