I am so lucky to be a stay-at-home mom! I love that I get to do fun things with my kids and their school, and I love being a somewhat involved parent (LOL). This year, both girls had fun outdoor field trips, and I was able to attend both, thanks to some wonderful friends watching Brecken for me :)
Ainslie's class went to the local zoo. It was really fun to see all the cute animals. Her favorite was the bear!! It is in the picture below, and its name is SHASH, and they pronounce it SOSH, which kept messing with my brain,but the bear is super cute and funny, even if they do say his name weird. He has lived there most of his life and he acts like a little kid.....he loves his water pond and to pop balls. Ainslie really got a kick out of the funny things our docent told us he can do.
Cute tortoise. Never knew that you are not supposed to bang on their shell....it's like their skull and it hurts them. Gee, I learn something all the time :)
They have this cute spider-web jungle gym at playground area, and it was so cute when the teacher had them all climb on and take a pic. Ainslie is the 3rd kid from the right if you are facing the picture
She is such a cute kid!! I love her and her energetic spirit!
Ahhhhh....run...it's spider-Ainslie!!!!!
McKyrie's class went a little farther away to Montezuma's Well and Castle. It was really fun too, I was assigned 6 kids, which was enough :) You would like they mellow out as they get older......they don't! These kids were seriously cracking me up with their jokes and their thoughts on life as they know it. I hope all they all stay this cute.
My little group......in front of Montezuma's Well.
As a little side note...I thought the well was going to look like an actual well, like with rocks in a circle and a bucket to collect the water...... but it's really more of a pond. And it should be noted that the people who created it were serious engineers for their time...it is amazing all the work/thought that went in to the "well".
chillin in the ruins
My studious girlie! She teamed up with her friend and she had to make sure that all of their questions were answered before she would leave any of the areas. I love her so much!!
In front of Montezuma's Castle......SOOOO Cool!
Again, it is amazing how creative these people were! The things they did to keep themselves safe.....pretty sure I would have been the one to fall off the side.

1 comment:
I don't know about you, but I feel like my kids are so much better, smarter and wiser than I ever was when I was a kid. I guess that is the hope, that we raise better kids and then our kids raise better kids and eventually we will have a nice, kind world full of awesomely great people.
Post a Comment