Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Grandma....

Pretty much the hat says it all....My Grandma Rocks!!
And believe it or not she is 80 years old.
I had such a great time taking my kids to her surprise birthday party and getting to see all of my cousins and Aunts and Uncles.  I feel so blessed to have such a strong lady as an example to me and my family. 

As a child, I absolutely loved going to Grandma and Grandpas.  First, because they were fun and they had a lot of land that we could run around on and be banshees on.  Second, because my Aunt was about my age and I loved to go and play with her.  We would climb in the barn or swing from the rope hung in the rafters, chase the chickens, swim in the creek, ride horses, jump on the trampoline and pretty much anything else you could think of.  Best of all though, we would play games with my grandma....her favorite was Rook, which I cannot remember how to play, but even to this day, she is always up for a good game.  My kids love going to Great-grandmas too because they know she will play a game with them. 
One of my favorite memories of her is spending the night at her house and seeing her pray.  My Aunt and I would get ready for bed and meet in Grandma's room to kneal and pray.  As an adult I am grateful for her example of prayer....for her showing me the importance of praying in front of your children, and for the strength and belief in her Heavenly Father.  She has always been a strong faithful person and I admire her for that.  I love my Grandma so much, so has always had a special place in my heart.  She was especially a pillar of strength when Ainslie was sick and she was willing to pitch in a help in any way she could.  She would even make the 4 hour drive to come over and watch Brecken for me when I needed to take Ainslie to Dr. appts.  Thank you Grandma for all you do and for being such a great, fun Grandma to be with....I LOVE YOU!!

No comments: