Friday, June 12, 2009

Young Women

I was recently priveledged to go on a "mini super trip" with the young women from our ward. We went and stayed in a time share that a member so kindly donated to us- we just had to pay the cleaning fee :) What an awesome time we had- the girls got to have lots of fun swimming and playing games and hanging out, but most of all, they got to go to the Temple with names that they researched and found on their own to do Baptisms on their behalf. It was so amazing to see the work and effort that the girls put into their research pay off, and to see them looking so proud for those whose names they brought. I was so proud of them and couldn't always keep the tears from my eyes.
It made it worth leaving my kids behind with friends to see the girls enjoying this experience. I don't enjoy traveling without my kids- it makes me nervous, but to see these young women having such an awesome time was totally worth it! It was fun getting to know them better and to see them interacting with each other outside of a church setting. They had nothing but a GREAT time and I am greatful to have been a part of their experience!

No comments: