It seems extremely appropriate to me that this is my 100th post! I have such a full heart and my emotions are so close to the surface when I think about writing this. Probably has something to do with the combination of being VERY pregnant (2 weeks left) and the fact that I cry all the time anyway!
Over the weekend, Nick was baptized a member of our church, by our friend Steve, and confirmed by my father. It has been a long time in the making- we have been together for 12 years, and married for almost 10. Although I have never pushed or pulled him in any direction regarding my religion, he has almost always attended church with me and the girls and I have on more than one occassion teased him about being a better mormon than I am. Truth is, he is truly one of the better christian people I know, and I am not surprised that he came to the decision to be baptised on his own.
Aside from how I feel religiously about his decision, the event was amazing in another way. It was an opportunity for ALL of my family to be together. Not only were my parents able to attend, but every single one of my brothers and their wives and their children were able to attend as well. To me, this was truly a show of their support and love. Although we certainly did not expect them to all be there it meant a lot that they were. Nick and I are the only ones left in Arizona, so they all had to travel long distances to be here, and some of them have small children, which I know makes it more difficult for travel. A sister-in-law was not in the best of health, yet she toughed it out, flew on a plane, and was able to be here, even though she was in desperate need of surgery (which she is having in 2 weeks). And my brothers and parents all had to take time off from work and their busy schedules....plus the cost that it takes to get here. I hope they know how truly touched we both were by their show of support.
The best thing about having everyone together, is it is a GREAT opportunity for family pictures!!!!! My mom really wanted to have these done and I am so glad that she decided to. We had a BLAST! Sure, some of the kids tired out- and Ainslie ran off 452 times- and they got dirty (we wore white shirts) but...... we did manage to get my dad to smile- at least twice :) And we all got to hang off of a really cool gate! And my brother Trevor got to hold his wifes leg up...LOL. And my niece Ellie had the cutest pig-tails in the world- fully equipped with Build-a-Bear bows! Oh, and did I mention that after thinking I was really cool and climbing on the fence that I couldn't get down and needed the help of 2 of my bros? Yeah, my belly just keeps getting in the way :) We had so much fun playing games, BBQing and just simply hanging out! I got the most amazing back massage from one brother, and a mini pedicure from a sister in law- is that love or what???? Sunday was my favorite day because we just sat around my living room all morning and chatted and teased and played and joked.....and gave foot massages.....I love that we are all getting older and can enjoy each others company!
We also were blessed to have a ton of friends and extended family around us. So many made the trip from Phoenix or other parts of Arizona, all with the comment of " We would never have missed this". To me, that is amazing (I'm crying right now, again). This man that I married 10 years ago must have really made an impression on these people- I mean, I know who he is and how wonderful he is, but to see other people express this has really touched my heart.
And so, it is with gratitude that I express my appreciation for the influence that those we associate with have been such good examples to our family. That they have never pressured Nick into this decision, and that they have loved him for whom he is. That they have "fellowshipped" him in a loving way, and have always made him feel welcome and comfortable. That they have opened their arms and their homes to my family and have given us their love and support. I know that the decision Nick has made will truly bless our family and that it is one of the best things to happen to us! I am looking forward to our many years together and the joy and happiness I know we will have!!
3 years ago

15 comments:
This is the most beautiful post I have read in ages. Thank you so much for sharing that. I really wanted to be there, but we had our ward camp out that weekend and it was my first activity as the new ward activities director. I know, lame excuse, but there it is. I am so extremely happy for both of you, and that your family was able to support you both in this huge step in your lives.
I look forward to seeing you all sealed together in the future. What an amazing blessing. Beth, you are a wonderful woman and I am so amazed by your strength. I love you and am so very, very happy for you. (and Nick too! hehe) YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrat! What exciting news. An new chapter in the lives of special ones. You posted made me a little teary eyed. Love ya! Keep in touch!
Great post! We had such a blast visiting you guys and of course the baptism was amazing. Thank you for putting up with my throw up, complaining, FF food, and lack of piano playing! We're so happy for you and Nick and we know that his decision will bless you for the rest of your lives. Glad we could be a part of it! I can't wait to see the pictures! I'm sure they'll be adorable...especially the one where me and Trev are gettin it on in the tree. :) You guys are awesome and we love you!
True happiness......
I can't believe you are due in 2 weeks! So exciting!
Ryan told me it was a great baptism! And I agree, you do have a great husband. (: So sorry I missed it. I confused times. That's really amazing that your whole family came and it sounds like you had the best time ever!
Liz,
Congrats, we are so happy for the both of you. You are so very blessed.. What a wonderful family and a wonderful event.
Loves to ya
Wow! So many wonderful things. I am so very happy for your family!
Wow, I didn't even know! Congrats to you guys... what a neat thing. You guys are great.
That is such a great post and we were so glad to have been there and shared all those special moments with the family! I love the whole Whipple Family! We are so happy for your family and hope that all goes well with the birth of your son.
That is such Great news! I was crying reading this post thinking of how wonderful you must feel to have him be baptized. It will be amazing to see him grow his Testimony, and when he becomes a priesthood holder the feeling of having that in your home will be wonderful not only for you, but your kids too. I am so happy for you.
ok, I'm so excited for Nick, you and the kids!!! I wish you nothing but the best life has to offer and hope for the windows of heaven to pour blessings so full, you have no more room to receive them. I love you! Congratulations and best wishes!!
So excited for your little family!
Holy Cow! That is so awesome! What an amazing example you have been to your husband for 10 years -I have always been impressed by your ability to go to church, with little kids, without a husband to help corral. And to see that your prayers have been answered! I AM SO HAPPY for you both!!! What a wonderful blessing! *Big hugs!*
congratulations! you wrote such a beautiful post- i am typing teary-eyed.
what a great blessing! you are an amazing woman and such an example to me!
and yay for your family! the priesthood will greatly bless your home.
K---I've been living in a cave and Sarah and I were talking tonight and she mentioned something about Nick getting baptized and luckily I was sitting down so I could jump up for joy! I am so happy for you guys! That is the best news I've heard in ages...except that you now have an adorable Nick Jr.:) We all send our love and all the best to your family. So happy to hear this news!Sorry I'm a little slow in catching up on the news...love ya!
Post a Comment