Tuesday, September 29, 2009

3-3

So, here it is, my birthday, and I am officially a nice 33. I don't mind getting older- it is just a number after all, and in my brain I am still 26- that's because my favorite number is six, and my twenties were oh so good to me! 32 hasn't been such a bad year, and I am looking forward to year 33- it should be a doozie since we are adding "The Boy" here soon.

My girlfriends "kidnapped" me yesterday- aren't girlfriends the BEST??- and I had such a super time!!! They really know me deep down because the first place they took me was to Sonic for a Large Dr. Pepper and an extra crispy onion rings.....truly the breakfast of champions :) Even better, was the fun we had while harassing the people doing our pedicures- this was true girlfriend bonding and fun- getting pampered, gossiping (not anything too juicy), giggling, and ending up with super cute toes---My actual toes aren't cute, but the paint job is cute--they are watermelons- that way the DR. delivering "the boy" will have something cute to look at...LOL!!!


Then, because the way to my heart is always with food, they took me to lunch. I was seriously spoiled....all in the name of being 33...my friends ROCK.....if I had known it was going to be this much fun, I certainly would have turned 33 earlier :)

The husband of course topped the day off with a perfect gift- a book that I have been wanting for quite awhile.......husbands are great at knowing what you want, but won't buy for yourself!!! Of course, he took me to dinner over the weekend with some friends to one of our favorite places up here- a very yummy homemade Italian place- super quaint- the owner even comes around and checks on you :) Overall it has been a GREAT birthday- happy day to me:)

7 comments:

TrevnMe said...

Happy Birthday!! I was thinking about you all day but didn't get around to texting you til 5 pm! I'm a terrible sis in law! I'm glad you had a fun day and that you got spoiled! I hope your 33rd year treats you well!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! What book did you get? I am glad that your friends made it such a good day for you.

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday! 33 is great, and I love your toes!!!

keep klein-man said...

We had a great day. Glad you liked it! It is hard to plan a suprise for you when we are always together. I love you girl and you deserved it... Now get that baby out I am dying.

The Barron Bunch said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the watermelon toes! Cutest toes I've ever seen!

Rachel Rogers said...

I love great friends!! Hooray for spending a great day being 33 and being loved. Enjoy every moment of it...and Congrats on the baby!!!! Can't wait for your baby shower!

Heidi said...

Happy Belated b-day! You rock and you deserve a great pampering by the girls that know you best!