Sunday, October 4, 2009

McKyrie, Ainslie....???????

BRECKEN!!!!!!!!! Here he is....our new sweet bundle of joy! Brecken Wendell Herb, (yes, yes, I know, another weird name from the Herbs), arrived on October 1st at 2:22am, weighing 8 lbs. 1 oz. and measuring 21 1/2 inches long!!! His middle name is Wendell, after my Grandfather, and my Father. We thought that since he was the first grandson on either side that it would be nice to give him a family name....it fits him.

He is so sweet and mellow and he has HAIR! We can't believe it because both girls have been born pretty much bald. We are quite certain that he will just fit right in- he has already won the hearts of his sisters, who love to "mother" him. They even helped give him is 1st big boy bath where they quickly noticed that boys are "different down there"! Yep, they sure are- I have already had the priveledge of getting "sprinkled" on his first day home.....oh the adventures we are going to have!

Such Proud Big Sisters- Brecken is so Lucky!

We were certainly surprised that he came when he did- my due date was not for another week- and since Ainslie was a week late, I figured that I had at least 2 weeks to go. However, that was not to be, it all started around 1230 at night- I had a few bad contractions- so I decided to take a shower and see if that calmed them down- I wanted to make sure they were real since with Ainslie I had so much "false labor". The contractions did not go away, in fact they got much worse and in between trying to decided if we should call our friends at 1245 in the morning to tell them we were bringing the girls, I tried to blow dry my hair-apparently it mattered to me that my hair be dry if I was going to have to go to the hospital- I'm so VAIN!


Brecken, having a seriously BAD hair day..
just after his 1st bath at home.

By 1 am I thought I was going to die so Nick loaded the girls in the truck all bleary eyed and excited and just before I climbed in to the truck, my water broke- I knew we needed to get going then! We pulled up to our friends around 115 and knocked and knocked and knocked- they had not been answering their phone- and I seriously started to think I was going to have to have the baby right in their drive way. But, alas, they answered, grabbed the girls, their clothes and snuggled them sweetly into their comfy couches-friends are good at going with the flow!

Brecken in his going home outfit- Mugga
bought it special for him- he looked so cute
with the hat on :)

Nick hopped back in and we were off for the hospital- we left their house around 125, pulled up to the hospital around 145 and I seriously could not get out of the truck let alone walk- I spent the whole 20 minute drive telling Nick to DRIVE FASTER......and telling him "This is bad, this is really, really bad". Nick got a wheel chair- my contractions were only 1 minute apart at this time- they made me get checked in the ER to make sure his head wasn't coming out because there was NO doctor upstairs in OB yet.
Waiting to come home....

We were good to go up to OB however, and when they got me on the table they told me I was dialated to a 10 plus 1 (I have NO idea what that means, but I knew the 10 meant that I was WAY PAST TIME FOR AN EPIDURAL!!!!) They scrambled to get the Doc there, and I kept saying she would not be there in time- the 20 minutes it took her seemed like forever- especially since in that time I had about 18 contractions, they checked me after 2 or 3 contractions and said I was a 10 plus 3- they needed the Doc to hurry up and get there. She showed up- not very happy to be there I might add- put her gown on and said PUSH!!!

What the ----------????????

I totally did NOT sign up for this- I really wanted the epidural, really, really bad. I can now say, however, that " I am WOMAN hear me ROAR" because I pushed that baby out, without the epidural-it hurt-REALLY REALLY BAD! I am such a wimp, and the Doctor even had to calm me down and tell me to stop screaming- Yikes, how embarassing:(


So, here is my new way of delivering- get to hospital, have baby 35 minutes later......WOW! I would not recommend it- it certainly went by way too fast for both Nick and I.

But he is here, and he is so dang cute and lovable. He was totally worth all the craziness and all the pain (I know, I am a wimp)! His sisters can't get enough of him, or his parents or his grandmas either! Welcome to the world baby Brecken!!!
Our Super Handsome Boy

17 comments:

TrevnMe said...

Great delivery story! He is a very beautiful, I mean handsome baby! I love all his hair! Congratulations and welcome to the world baby Brecken!

trublubyu said...

congratulations!! he is beautiful and you are amazing.

yay for boys! they are so fun and i think every family should have two girls first and then a boy. ;)

keep klein-man said...

and they all loved your TOES! Way cute.. I love that little man..
xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

He is just cute as can be. I can't believe that you you did it with out an epidural. Congratulations!

The Barron Bunch said...

He is handsome! You will LOVE having a baby boy and if he sisters love him as much as Ella loves her baby brother, then he is one LUCKY little boy! Get ready for sweetness.....baby boys loves their mommys. Congrats my friend!

Jessie Nichols said...

Congrats! Love the little guy. I feel your pain..did just about that same thing, but was with my first. No way was I going to do that again, gotta love the drugs!

The Ridings said...

So cute! So happy for you.

Heidi said...

Congrats!! I was thinking the same thing Shelly said about your toes. LOL You are not a wimp to go through natural labor. WOW!! He is such a Handsome little man.

Sarah said...

Super cute, and what a fantastic addition to your family! Congratulations!

teviawall said...

Excellent work! He is so handsome and the name seems to fit as well. I am glad that you made it in the hospital instead of having to deliver him in the parking lot. Phew!!

Craig and Aly said...

Such a precious little baby! I'm so happy for your cute little family! I can't wait to meet little brecken!

Michelle said...

Hooray! What a wonderful job you did growing a very handsome boy! Congratulations!

brownymama said...

Oh my my! Wow- you've been busy! I love the crazy hair picture of Brecken and imagine that's how you felt at 1 a.m. He's adorable. I'm glad you survived!

Jena said...

He's adorable! I'm glad you didn't have him on the living room floor like Kristy did! Congrats to all of you!

Heidi said...

I'm so behind on getting the "dish" on everyone...CONGRATULATIONS guys! He is SUPER cute! How fun to "comb" his hair! The girls are getting ready to give him a 'do' aren't they!? They look pretty sweet holding him. YOU are truly a woman and I would not have wanted to hear you roar! WOW! P-double A double I quadruple NNNNN! You are amazing. Hugs to all of you!

The Burtons said...

Your family is so beautiful. He is adorable and you are NOT A whimp. I had Isaac with no medication whatsoever and pushing is the worst pain of it all!!!!!! You want to push him out so it'll be over, but it hurts so bad you almost can't do it. I hear ya sister!!!!!! Don't feel bad for screaming. That's how my babies come. It's my lullaby for them. :) Anyway, sorry I missed your shower. We drove in from Mexico and we ALL had fevers courtesy of my nephew. I figured you didn't want me spreading our plague. (plus, I looked terrible and couldn't be seen in public.)

Dotted Owl Crafts said...

Oh MY! I didn't catch the details of the story til now! Emma was 'quick as lightening' and yes, there was a lot of roaring goin' on then too- you are definitely not alone. Jealous of all that hair!