Anyway we had a great Christmas!!! Very relaxing and low key- I loved it. We had so much fun seeing a lot of family and just enjoying being together. The weekend before Christmas, we went to Phoenix and spent time with Nick's Grandma Grace and his mom, Patrice.
Grandma Patrice really liked the pictures of the kids- and she enjoyed seeing them as well!
One of our Christmas traditions is to let each of the kids pick out an ornament each year. Since it is Brecken's FIRST Christmas, Nick and I picked his ornament for him. It is so super cute and we helped him hang it on the tree!
This year I tried to be a little "homemakerish" and I made these aprons for the girls. They are always in the kitchen helping me, and are really becoming quite the little chefs so I thought they could use something cute to keep their clothes clean.
We really enjoyed having my parents come to visit. It was sort of a last minute decision on their part and we were so glad to have them and my brother Brad for the holiday. I only wish they could have stayed longer- Brecken did too because he spent most of the week on Poppa's lap being spoiled!! My dad had a pace-maker put in the week before so he couldn't do any heavy lifting, but he sure had fun holding him...It was cute to see him hanging with my Dad all week, and he really liked "talking" to my mom. She made him a whole bunch of burp rags, which he desparately needed- he is the spit up KING!!! She also made each of the girls super cute Barbie outfits.....these are like gold in our house...I am so greatful for my mother's talent, she truly is an amazing seamstress.....Thanks Granna!!!
This is our "DIVA" Please note the super awesome princess crown, BLUE dress, PINK tights and GREEN boots. And of course, no diva is fully equipped without her PURPLE gloves- she is H-O-T!!!!! Ainslie has her own style and I love it!! I am fully aware that she will probably be wearing this to the grocery store next week or to pre-school.....I knew when I found those green boots that they were meant for her!!!

This is our "little mother" with her new baby Alive that she asked Santa for 252 times. Grandma Grace actually got it for her, so she must have an "in" with Santa and told him not to bring her one. McKyrie loves this baby because it pees and poops- lovely! She really is such a sweet girl and has good motherly instincts- she looks out for Brecken and Ainslie constantly- she keeps Ainslie from running into the parking lot just about everytime we go somewhere, and she protects Brecken from Ainslie, who is still learning what being "soft" means- it looks like it make take awhile:) Thanks Kyrie for your sweetness!

Brecken couldn't quite make it through Christmas morning without a bottle, so we took a little break and fed the poor starving kid.

A new rattle for Brecken- he can't wait to get his slobber alllllllll over it!!! p.s. look at the reindeer in this picture- does anyone remember these? I have had several people tell me their mom had these when they were growing up....ahhhhhh, memories!

Earlier in the month, the girls did their dance performance at one of the local resorts, and at a local nursing home. They were so cute and did such a great job!!! I love to see them enjoying themselves and they really seemed to have such a great time! There was a local paper there taking pictures and McKyrie and a few of the other girls in their group ended up on the front page- so fun for her- nothing like a little FAME :)


For Family Home Evening one night, we put together a Gingerbread House. The girls really had a lot of fun using their creativity- we let each of them decorate one half. As a side note, they just tried to eat it today and it took me about 5 minutes to break a piece off- that frosting is like serious glue!!!

Christmas Tree Angels- they are really such sweet girls. These are actually rings that go around some of my Christmas candles, but I think they look cute as Halos. We usually get the girls their own smaller tree when we are out in the woods cutting our bigger one down, but this year we got our tree from good ol' Fry's Grocery store- another Family Home Evening event:) I have to say I was sad at first to not go out and cut one down- I usually get a massively HUGE tree, but the tree we got we so dang cute and perfect- it was perfectly fat and just the right height for our window- Nick did a great job and I wasn't sad one bit once we got it up. Plus, the girls did such a good job decorating it and it smelled delicious.

Overall we had a great holiday season- lots of family- lots of goodies- and lots of fun! I hope next year is as special as this one has been! I am so greatful for all that we have. For the family and friends that we have and for the blessings they are in our lives. I am especially greatful for my sweet little family and for the addition of Brecken. Each of my children is such a joy to me and I love seeing them learn and grow. I truly could not have asked for a better husband and best friend. He gets me and that is all that matters.

8 comments:
I have no idea why, but you have to load your pictures in reverse order. If you learn of a way around that, let me know!
super cute aprons beth! who knew that you would be such a holly homemaker??? It is not quite as fun sewing for boys. I think, however, I am going to teach them to sew. Prob just pillowcases and shorts.
glad you had a great Christmas. See you Friday!
So cute!! I am so happy you had a great Christmas..
Yep....photos always load that way so you just have to get used to loading your photos in reverse order and loading them before blogging! Glad you had a good christmas!
Cute pics. Cute aprons. Cute girls. Cute boy. Cute tu tus. Cute gingerbread houses. Cute you.
Seriously can't wait to see everyone in a month.
Your family is so cute! I love the aprons that you MADE. You are crafty.
So happy to see you guys had such a great Christmas! I LOVE those green boots! Oh and those aprons are darling! I want one!
Wow, your girls are growing so fast. What a cute family.
Post a Comment