Friday, January 1, 2010

Resolution Revisited...

At the beginning of last year.......(2009, in case you forgot- I know, it was sooo long ago :)..... I made one of my first "New Year's Resolutions" ever. I vowed to enjoy my children more and to simply let them be kids.....and to let myself BREATHE and enjoy the moments I have with them .
As I look back on the past year, I realize that there were times that I may not have done my best at following through on this resolution, but I can't help but think of all the things I did right according to my desire to be a better mom.
I did let my kids jump on the couch more--and it's not as squishy as is once was but who cares!!
And although we combined their bedroom with the playroom, it is almost ALWAYS trashed and MOST days it doesn't bother me.....
I have played outside with them more often-although probably not as much as they would like. And most important to me, I have stayed home more often and let them just play- I am sooooo not where I want to be in this department, but who wants to be perfect all at once???

I feel like I have actually accomplished something within myself and I can now see the value of setting goals or resolutions.
Now, I'm not trying to patt myself on the back, only to recognize my small accomplishments in order to keep myself going. I want to continue to be the best mom I can be. I want my children to grow up and be thankful that I was their mother and to recognize the fun we had while they were small. I want them to carry on into their own families, traditions that I start with them now. I want them to know that being a child is fun and amazing and precious, but that being a Mother to them is soooo much better!!!! I want them to grow and be amazing people. I hope that as I continue to enjoy them and let them be who they are that they will be able to recognize their true potentials and realize that nothing can hold them back!

And now my new resolution....... it isn't awe inspiring or super life changing, but I don't need it to be. I only need it to be attainable- I desire this year to be a better budget keeper! I truly SUCK at sticking to budgets! I know how to make a budget, it's the sticking to it that I am not so good at!!!! So, wish me luck!!

4 comments:

OneCrazyFamily said...

Liz, I am so proud of you. You are not the only one struggling with things in that dept. Keep Moving forward..you have support from me! PS..let me know how the budget thing works out for ya:)

keep klein-man said...

You go girl! You are a great mom. Just so you know we all think the same way. Hoping when the day comes for them to leave the nest, that we have done our job but not just our job, that the baby that lived inside of us for nine months and that we love so much, will one day just say "hey mom remember when" with a big smile. I can tell you that day will come over and over and it feels FANTASTIC!! Luv Ya!!

Dotted Owl Crafts said...

You're doing fabulous. That's great encouragement for us all. Thx Elizabeth. Baby steps is what it takes and sometimes we forget that those are important milestones.

Katie said...

I didnt even know you had a blog. I am totally adding you as a friend.