Tuesday, September 28, 2010

LOOK Who's 5!!!!!

Ainslie is 5!!!!!!


Little Miss Ainslie has made it to #5!!! What a fun day it was too.
It all started about 2 months ago when she saw a dinosaur cake at Albertson's. Right then and there she let me know that she wanted that cake for her birthday and she wanted the whole party to be dinosaurs!! I wasn't too sure how to go about doing that, but thanks to Hobby Lobby and some awesome creativity on my mom's part, and a really cute cake suggestion from my sister in law- it all came together!

Not braggin' but I made some super cute pink and green girly dino invitations (because you can't find any girly dino invitations anywhere), and I made the cakes too- but I am REALLY not bragging about those- they were hard for me and I didn't like the way the frosting turned out, but she loved them so oh well- we didn't get the one from the store because it didn't feed enough people and it was too pricey for mom's wallet!!! She also had a dinosaur pinata that she picked out with her Granna and we made "Paleontologist" hats, and we had a Dinosaur Dig and played a few other games. Ainslie had a lot of fun at her party, but I really think she had more fun planning it!! Maybe she will be a party planner when she grows up- right now she wants to be a vet (like her sister).
Ainslie saw "Flintstones" and wanted to be Pebbles- I think she is cuter than Pebbles :)
The whole dino "Crew": Ryan, Ainslie, Caitlin and Adicyn
Don't you just dig their Paleontologist hats???

Having a little "Dino-Dig" in the sand box- they got prizes for each dinosaur they found


Pin the Dot on the Dinosaur!!!


No laughing at the cake- Ainslie wanted it purple- WHY did I go buy the special Neon green?

That's what I love about Ainslie- she knows exactly what she wants. Maybe it's not what everyone else would do, but she sticks with her decisions. Sometimes I forget that she is only 5- she is so dang tall, and she want's to do and can do everything her older sister does. So, when she acts whiney, I forget that she really is still just my little girl, my reecey-piecey! Her favorite colors are yellow and orange, and right now she is trying as hard as she can to read- she is already picking up short words in books and we love to see her get so excited- I just know she will be full on reading in a few more weeks!!! She also loves to be outdoors- especially riding her bike, but she mastered the monkey bars this Summer and so loves to do that as well.
Happy Birthday sweetie- I Love You to the moon and beyond!!!

Ainslie taking a serious whack at the pinata-maybe she should open her eyes!

Yeah- candy for all!!!!! oh and silly bands too!!!

5 comments:

Tevs said...

so adorable! What a great idea for a dinosaur party. I totally get how kids now know what they want and stick with it. I don't remember being so decisive at that age. :)

Michelle said...

She is such a beautiful girl! I can't believe it's really been so long since we were neighbors!! Happy Birthday!

keep klein-man said...

They all had fun. She is very cute. The cakes? Oh not thet bad. LOL We all try!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ainslie! You both should get your package in the mail today. I think every thing turned out cute.

Craig and Aly said...

I think her little outfit is darling! She couldn't be a prettier birthday girl! What a cute party!