1. Meeting Nick-he has to be first because he rocks and I love him and because he gave me #2-4. We met in a college Geology class at the community college where I am from :) I can remember sitting in the row behind him and thinking he was totally H-O-T. He also look kinda dangerous :) When I found out he was from Phoenix and that he was a lifeguard at the local pool I knew I had to meet him- because he wasn't from where I was so that made him even more appealing!
2. Having McKyrie Grace Herb-2 weeks early
3. Having Ainslie Reece Herb-1 week late
4. Having Brecken Wendell Herb-1 week early-NO epidural-crazy big headed boy wanted OUT!
5. Getting my tonsils out-ugh-I ate peach sorbet for a week!
6. Seeing the Carribbean Ocean and snorkeling everyday for a week in it
7. Going to ASU- what a fun campus! I was nervous because it was so big, but I was so excited!
8. Buying my first car- my boss had to drive it home because I didn't know how to drive a stick-shift-----why did I buy a stick shift????? I spent the next 2 days learning how to drive it.
9. Going to London for my Senior Trip. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G
10. Tearing my knicker-bockers on the mokey bars in kindergarten- the school nurse safety pinned them up and I had to wear them allllllll day!
11. Learning how to write cursive in 3rd grade- I loved it!
12. Walking down the aisle to my future husband- I had major perma grin-
13. Buying our first house together
14. Nick's proposal to me- On top of the Empire State Building- Love that guy!
15. My friend Rachel trying to teach me how to drive a stick-shift- I think I burned the clutch out of her dad's truck :) (this was before I bought my first car- obviously I didn't learn very well)
16. Meeting Nick's parents/family for the first time- they were so funny!
17. High School Graduation- got to walk with a close friend Cory Monroe- almost got kicked out because he wore sunglasses and we walked goofy all the way down!!! My mom got me beautiful roses.
18. Seeing antelope in our front yard and realizing we really lived "On the Prairie"
19. Going to Maui for our honeymoon-so beautiful!! I wanted to do everything and see it all!
20. Senior Prom:)
21. Seeing my brother graduate from the Air Force Academy
22. Shattering my elbow- fell off a horse in the rain- I laughed bcuz it was my funny bone-but it really hurt!
23. Getting baptized. I remember my announcements, my hair, my dad and the water. I remember the smell of the room and where the piano was at and how much I loved being in the spotlight that day.
24. My first 10-speed bike- from Santa! I rode that bike almost everyday to my friend Heather's house- she lived about 2 miles away- too bad I don't exercise like that anymore.
25. Driving to Utah to drop my brother JR off at the MTC- crazy cold and snowy!
26. Working for Serrano Mexican food in Mesa- I used to bring home bean dip to my roommates and we would eat chips and bean dip all night. They would make me sing and dance to "La Cucaracha" because I had to wear a silly outfit!
27. Spending the night in ICU with Ainslie-very scarey!
28. Watching McKyrie learn to ride a 2-wheeler. We were on vacation at some cabins in Colorado and you could use their bikes for free- but they only had 2-wheelers NO training wheels. She was determined to learn even tho she was scared. She tried to quit after the first tip over, but he dad didn't let her. She totally caught on after 4 or 5 tries and couldn't be stopped after that.
29. Watching the fireworks in Heber for the first time- they were so amazing- right over our heads, and we backed up to a canyon so the booms would echo over and over-so awesome!
30. My grandpa's funeral
31. My car accident- I was fine but it was so scarey- oh and it wasn't my fault!
32. Snowboarding for the 1st time- my friend Rachel and I and her sister Joy went together- we spent the whole day on our butts and I never did attempt the ski lift- I was afraid I would fall off!!!!
33. Going to Antwerp, Belgium. Experience of a lifetime- I hope to go back sometime.
It feels like I should have waited until I was 50 to do this list because I have so many things to list, but I guess I will have to stop for now, with number 34. I probably missed some really important things- well I know I did, but I just listed what came to mind first. So without further adieu, here it is......
34. Seeing my girlies get on the bus together for the first time- they were so cute - they held hands and McKyrie walked all the way to the stop telling Ainslie what the rules of the bus were. McKyrie was so nervous Ainslie would do something to get them in trouble and that she would get a bus ticket--she is so afraid of getting in trouble! Luckily Ainslie was good as gold and they said they had a great time and they got to sit by each other :) Maybe they will be good sister/friends after all!!!!!

4 comments:
oh, i am such a bad friend. I actually thought about you on your birthday, but never got around to telling you Happy Birthday. I really hope you had a good one. 34 ain't so bad, and I loved your list of 34 things.
Happy Birthday! You have done some amazing things!
I remember doing your hair for your wedding.....me (not being a hairstylist by any means) was REALLY nervous but somehow it turned out! Happy Birthday!!!!
Les-
You did AMAZING on my hair- noone could tell you were a nurse NOT a hairstylist:) Maybe it is your secret backup career??!!!
Post a Comment