I freely admit it..... We totally caved......got suckered......granted their wish! We got the kids a dog for Christmas :) For the record, she isn't really a dog as much as she is a giant rat, but she's cute and her poop is tiny so it's something I can manage. She is a "chweenie", a chihuahua/weiner dog mix. I promise to post some pictures soon. She really is cute and the funniest part is that even Nick lets her lay on his chest while he is on the couch.....awwwww. Right now he is watching the Suns game- very manly- and the dog is snuggled on his lap- maybe not so manly, but super cute!
We had a discussion the whole way home, while looking at Christmas lights, as to what we should name her. McKyrie liked names like Sparkles or Dazzle or Twinkling. Ainslie went for Princess or Blackie (she is all black) or something like that. Nick vetoed all of those right away saying he was not going to be calling the dog saying "here sparkly princess, here sparkly princess"!! I personally liked the names Zorah or Lava, but the kids were quick to remind me that it was not my dog!!! My only rule was that it couldn't be a "people" name. One of the girls said we should name her after where she was born- and we laughed because that would be a super long name. So Nick suggested they shorten it and call her P.V.- they LOVED it! And so, the dog was named! I was informed that we had to spell her name so that it ended with "ie" like both of the girls' names do, so we spell her name Peavie. It fits. It's cute. The kids like it. It's growing on me.
So now, I have become "one of THOSE people". You know, the one who takes their dog to the school or store in a big purse- well actally she is usually wrapped up in one of Brecken's receiving blankets..LOL. The ladies at the school office love her, we take her to gymnastics, we take her to the bank, we took her to grandma's (not sure if she was thrilled or not). She is finally potty trained for the most part and she sleeps thru the night- if only I could get my kids to do that :) She is officially part of the family- now all I have to do is pray I don't step on her and kill her!!!
3 years ago

4 comments:
What you got a dog. I thought that you guys would never get one lol. How come you didn't tell me when we were talking about christmas? He sounds cute can't wait to see pictures!
I cant wait to see her! You should bring her to the mall Tuesday :) We are getting one in Feb as soon as we get back from Disneyworld! A little bigger dog though!
Elizabeth! You crack me up! You are so nice to get your kids a dog. I love having a dog. I can't wait to see pics!
How fun.. I posted about our dog too.. They are so cute...
Post a Comment