Friday, March 18, 2011

Grandma's words on her Grandkids

Nick's mother sent this out in an e-mail. I thought it was very touching and beautiful. She is such a wonderful Grandma and if she could she would spend every waking moment with her grandchildren. My kids know that when they go to Grandma Trice's they are going to get a visit full of F-U-N!!! There is never a moment that isn't full of crafting or park going or movie seeing. I am grateful for her kindness and generosity and the love she has for my children, she truly shines as a Grandma and I believe it was her one true calling in life, as she is so good at it :)




Just about Grandchildren


Sometimes I have all 5 grandchildren visiting and running around my home, other times it is empty.
Each child brings me joy and all has diverse personalities.
Samantha Jo is my oldest grandchild and she was my first so she is special, as I never had a grandchild before.
Sami Jo was a handful who has always been determined to have it her way or no way.
I've never been able to tell her NO.

It is true that I spoiled them more than I did my own. It is true that I get in trouble from the parents for doing it.

McKyrie Grace was my second grandchild to come along, she is the sweet one, who's heart breaks so easy and who cries as she waves good-bye when the car pulls away from me after a visit. You cannot not Love her like sweet candy.
Sensitive is her middle name.

Ainslie Reece came third but she is never left behind- because she'd whip anyone who would try. At first she was the loudest child I've ever heard, then she calmed down to be the most aggressive and toughest one, but she always has enjoyed the details of a project and showed great enthusiasm in her steadfast, serious way.
Pretty, oh she is a beauty and her mom said God made her that way so people could forgive her orneriness.

Isabella is second to the last. I call her Bella and at fist she cried at the drop of a hat and I felt that "Bella the Baul Baby" suited her, but she grew into a giggle box who is the most perfect acting little girl that anyone could ever wish for, always her behavior is a pleasure and she is a joy to have because she is just so good.

My last Grandchild was finally a boy.
Brecken is rough and tumble and a ball tossing, truck, sandbox boy.
He turned 1 in October 2010 so he does not say more than Ball, he wiggles and squirms and is a very busy bee, and he is enjoyable to watch and very fun to buy boy clothes for now.

I love them all very deeply and sweetly in the depth of my heart, as no one could ever know or really understand.

It is just crushing to have a grandchild ill, something that I'd never wish on anyone.
It feels like a little piece of my world just cracked like a dish you drop and it does not break.

Treasure all you have. I only wish everyone could know how special grandchildren can be.
Most of all, the group of them make me the Grandmother I was always meant to be.

-Patrice Herb

2 comments:

Lindsey and Mike Sorensen said...

That is so sweet! I wish I had something like that from my grandma!

Jena said...

Grandma's are the best thing in the world. I was very close with my grammie. She was the reason I moved back to Arizona and she's the reason I'm working hard to move back to San Diego. I know that's what she would want for me. xoxo