I honestly cannot believe how quickly our Summer has gone. Summertime is down to about 2 months here- crazy!!! I swear that because Arizona has such cruddy scores they make the kids start earlier and earlier each year hoping to cram a few more math problems down their throats! What happened to starting around Labor Day????
The big day is here though, and the girls were super excited-mom had mixed emotions :) I am torn between excitement to not have to listen to so much fighting, and sadness because I didn't get enough of them these past 2 months......I know, silly, right?
McKyrie is in the big 4th grade!! Hardly seems possible- I still think of her going to preschool! Now she carries a backpack that I swear weighs more than Brecken (what does she have in there?) and she cares about how she looks. She actually asked me to help her with her hair for the big day- something she rarely lets me do- and I was happy oblige...she only wanted the ends of her hair curled under, but hey, it's a start :) She is very excited about her teacher......who her best friend had last year, so they can compare notes on her. She also was excited to find out that several of her friends from last year are in her class!
Ainslie's backpack is MUCH lighter...LOL! She is an excited 1st grader, who gets to eat lunch at school for the first time this year since she was just 1/2 day last year. The school is great about letting her wear hats to school...but her hair is growing back, which she is super excited about! She was really happy to find out she got the same teacher McKyrie had for first grade- she has been wanting her ever since McKyrie had her :) Her first day was shorter- she had to check out around 1 because she had to have her LAST chemo treatment...but thats news for another post!
Hope you have a great year girls!!!
3 years ago

1 comment:
holy moly! school started already ! I forget how early it starts down there! We still have 2 weeks. They are such beautiful girls! Yay for school! Boo for end of summer.
Post a Comment