Saturday, October 29, 2011

HopeWalk

I am sooo excited to do this post!  Many of you know that we belong to a group called HopeKids, which is an organization that provides fun activities to children like Ainslie and their families.  They are a small organization based out of Phoenix and we just think they are wonderful!!!  They were having their 3rd Annual HopeWalk to help raise monies to benefit them and we decided to go ahead and do it. It has been an emotional journey for me because of the whole cancer thing, but I was greatful to be able help with something rather than be helped. I was so amazed at the amount of donations we raised- thank you everyone who donated!!!!  I was also amazed at how much love and support we received from our friends and family that decided to walk with us-what an amazing support group we have:)!!!!  We are truly a blessed family.

 We were fortunate enough to have a friends' company sponsor our t-shirts this year (and they have already committed to next year- yeah!), so we had some cute "team Amazing Ainslie" shirts to wear for the walk.  I am bummed that I didn't get any pictures of their family as well, but they all 9 of their family showed up and supported us and we appreciate that very much!!


 Ainslie and McKyrie got their faces painted-  a flower for Ky and a Dino for Ainslie--Brecken was having nothing to do with sitting still or letting someone paint on him :)

 I was so happy that Jena was there- she is a dear friend from High School. Loving that we already look shiny and it's only like 10am in this picture!!! Go Away heat!!!

 Love this group- they are like family and they are such an amazing example to me- what strong youth they are, and what love they have for Ainslie.  Melissa (on the right) is writing a paper for her school about Ainslie and the walk...hope she gets an A+++++!
Steve and Shelly sporting their Team "Amazing Ainslie" shirts- ROCK ON!!!
 Say Cheeeeese Gma Trice!!

 Heather with Kinley showing off her face painting!  Kinley andAinslie are good little buds- and they are sooo much alike lol- lucky us :)
 Brecken wouldn't get his face painted, but he was alllll about getting in the bat-mobile!  He loved the bat phone especially and of course, he thought it was cool to "drive"!!!
 Jim, Maggie and Carol- all ready for our nice warm walk lol!! We had a lot of fun staying with them over the weekend- Heather's family stayed too and we sure reaked havoc on their home lol!!!
 Shelby and Melissa getting a snuggle from the Phoenix Coyote :)

 Dani, Odette, Ellen and the girlies- Ashley and Emily- they were so cute!
Leslie and I- we hadn't seen each other in like 8 years!!! It was great to get to catch up with her, but I am bummed cuz I didn't any pics of her cute fam.  McKyrie walked with her kiddos the whole way and held their hands- too cute!

 The walk itself was only a 5K-about 3 miles, but it was warm that day, so it felt longer...lol :) I was really amazed at how far all of the kids walked- Ainslie and Kinley got lucky and got a free ride in the wagon the whole way, thanks to Heather and Uncle Jim,  but all of the other kids walked pretty much the whole thing....way to go kiddos!
I was so excited to do this, and I hope we can make it an annual "thing" that we do :)  Thank you to everyone who walked with us - we had a lot of fun!!!!!

2 comments:

keep klein-man said...

t was a great day.. We love you and your family sooooo much. I am happy to be your SISTER.
Also, my boobs look big in that pic. LOL

Jena said...

I'm glad I was here to do it with everyone! It was amazing to see the difference of Ainslee's personality from the hospital to the walk! She was so energetic and it warmed my heart to see her that way! Love you all! XOXOXOXO!