Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I can breathe again....

Ainslie is freezing in this pic- the temps dropped like crazy while we were out getting family pics

So, it has been a really long 3 months since Ainslie has her last set of tests done, telling us she was cancer free!  She did her last round of chemo on August 8th and the tests were done in early September.  Ever since then, I have been stressing- majorly :) It is really difficult to go from seeing a DR. every week, to not seeing one at all.  That being said- her test results came back on Friday, and she is once again CANCER FREE!!! Words simly cannot express my relief and gratitude and excitement.  I think now that we have gotten through the first round of waiting, that I will be lessed stressed as each testing time nears---and maybe I will have a few less pimples :)  She still has to have CT scans and EKG etc. done every 3 months for the next couple of years, but now that we have gotten through the first set and she is still healthy, it is very reassuring.  I know that Ainslie is strong and I am so happy that now she is healthy.....she is finally starting to put the weight back on and not look so boney :)  She is back to her funny little spunky self and her hair is a super cute pixie length- we keep trying to convince her to not wear a hat anymore, but she is still a bit self conscious.  I love you Ainslie and Congratulations on being cancer-free!!!!!

6 comments:

Lindsey and Mike Sorensen said...

I am soooo happy!! Isn't it amazing how strong she is?? I can't believe it! She looks so cute with her pixie hair-do!! I think she should keep it that length :) Have so much fun at Disney world!! You guys deserve it!

brownymama said...

Beautiful news for a beautiful girl!

trublubyu said...

awesome news! congratulations. 3 months has to be a long time to hold your breath. i don't think i could do it very gracefully.

Michelle said...

Hooray!!

The Barron Bunch said...

What wonderful news at this time of year.... Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family!

Jena said...

Words can't describe how happy this makes me to hear such wonderful news. Love to you all!