Friday, December 30, 2011

FUN FUN FUN #2

Disney Magic Kingdom was awesome! It is basically Disneyland and the kids loved every moment of it!  We spent 2 days there- Sunday and Thursday.  We wanted to start and end our trip with the best, so Magic Kingdom it was :) We had a lot of fun riding so many rides- we were given this pass from Give Kids the World that not only got us to the front of the line for all the rides, but also for all of the characters- the princesses etc.  At first I felt bad because we basically cut in front of everyone, and at times we were led through special entrances and always given the front seat, but then I remembered what Ainslie had been through and decided that she absolutely deserved to go to the front of the line!  Of course, I did remind all of them that this was NOT the normal way, and that if we ever went back they would have to wait in the lines.....so live it up!!! LOL.
Ainslie really wanted a princess dress and her favorite is Ariel.  We tried to be smart and purchase a dress at Walmart, but they didn't make her size....so she got a pick a fancy one out at the Disney Tinkerbell Salon in the Magic Kingdom....so pretty.  This was only the 2nd day that she hadn't worn a  hat in public (Thanks to some encouragement from a visiting friend)- I have to admit to being a bit emotional about the dress and the hair- there were a lot of beautiful girls there all dolled up with their hair in buns or with fancy ringlets, and I was afraid she might become self conscious- but alas, Ainslie showed how beautiful she truly is and wasn't fazed a bit!!
After taking real "studio" pictures in the Ballroom (those will be posted later, I don't have them yet), we "cut" to the front to meet Ariel and Eric.  I don't know if she knew that she was Ainslie's favorite, or if it was because Ainslie was dressed like her, but Ariel was SUPER sweet to Ainslie. She took her hands and walked with her over to the area where they could take pics.  She asked all about Ainslie's dress and how much she liked it because it matched hers- such a magical moment!

 One thing we sort of knew, but definately solidfied is that Ainslie is a thrill seeker!!!  She wanted to ride every single ride-over and over and over- thank goodness for that pass.  Most of the roller coasters that she was big enough for were barely scarey for her and she got soooo mad when she couldn't ride the bigger ones! Too funny- makes me scared for when she is big enough :) The pic of her above is with her and Nick on Splash Mountain- Ky went on it once and was done- they are so different and I love that about them.
Bumper cars was a "hit" with everyone-especially McKyrie- we need to watch out when she turns 16!!  Mom and Dad were nice enough to turn the wheel over to the girls and boy oh boy did they love that.....we seriously rode this ride like 6 times- my head hurt from all the gas fumes.

We bought the girls those signatures book that the characters sign- Their books were filled thanks to their front of the line pass- thank you Disney!!!!
I like Magic Kingdom because there were a lot of rides we could do as a family- a lot of the other parks have more rollercoasters that Brecken can't go on, so he spent a lot of time in the stroller- poor guy.  This ride was the Aladdin- a great tummy tickler!
Disney at night is nothing short of storybook amazing. The castle turns into a sparkling light display, then it becomes a movie screen and they play a movie on it, and then it goes back to its sparkle.  The girls absolutely loved this and found it so beautiful.  It was a true "fairy-tale" magical night for me as well.  I really didn't want the night to end as it was our last night here.  We really had a lot of fun at the Magic Kingdom.
They brought back the "original" light parade for night-time entertainment.  Although both Nick and I agreed that it was certainly modernized :)  It was also shorter than I remember- oh well.  We had a hard time finding a spot- leave it to us to wait til the last minute- but a worker gave us a good tip and we ended up with a sweet spot.  We were right next to some college age girls, who we think were from France, and they were so mesmerized by our children-especially Brecken.  They were so sweet to let them squeeze to the front.
My two guys- sharing a mini corn-dog.  They were our food of choice at the Kingdom :)
Two of the most beautiful princesses I know!

1 comment:

Jena said...

That place is amazing at night. The Electrical Parade was my favorite when I went to Disneyland. Tell Miss Ainslie she can rock a short hair do or bald anytime with that beautiful face! xoxoxo