Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Oranges!!


I love this time of year- when all the trees are blooming- especially the orange trees! Is there anything better than the smell of oranges when you are driving down the road in Mesa? When I was a kid, I used to love driving down Valencia and looking at all of the orange trees and stopping to smell them......now, I just get to buy oranges at Fry's (and hope that they are good) and then put the peels down my garbage disposal....that is the closest I get to the smell of an orange tree! Pretty sad, huh?

8 comments:

Jena said...

I buy natural orange oil cleaner. Not only does it smell good, but it's good for the environment!

The Burtons said...

That is something that I totally miss up here. I just can't bring myself to buy any oranges from the store. I've been too spoiled and still get them from my parent's house.

Michelle said...

I have never thought about putting orange peels down my garbage disposal. I bet it makes the kitchen smell fresh and clean. I think I will give a it a try. And not to make you too jealous, but I do have an orange tree blossoming in my backyard right now!

That Dorn Family! said...

I loved the smell of the orange blossoms, but they really made me sick. It was a love hate relationship.

Heidi said...

mmmm... Those oranges look so yummy. I love the smell of oranges too. Infact I use orange scented cleaning solutions, and I also grind peels in my garbage disposal. Yeah for spring.

trublubyu said...

that is so funny, i just read your post and yet you posted before mine and we were both on the orange wavelength. i agree- there is nothing better than the smell of orange blossoms. i totally love that!

Ben Dutton said...

I just love the smell of orange blossoms! You are making me miss AZ! Did you know that you can buy a miniature citrus potted tree and have that smell in your house? I have seriously though about it since moving. Then all you need is a sunny window to put it by.

Dotted Owl Crafts said...

My parents always bring them with flats of strawberries from CA. Except my boxes are always overflowing ;) I always craved oranges throughout my pregnancies.