Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Girlfriends

Saturday night, July 4th, I was 16 again.


I met with some friends from High School.......at midnight......at Denny's!!
Does it get any better than that???

We stayed until 4AM.......and I seriously paid for it the next day, but it was totally WORTH it!
We laughed, we cried, we dug up some past and we talked about some future.
It was great!
It was therapeutic.
It was needed.....much needed
I haven't felt so giddy in years and it was great to catch up.


It's a blessing to me that true friends can always pick up where they left off- even if it has been years! I truly feel honored to have such great friends-old ones from school and new ones that I have gained in recent years. To me, a girlfriend chat is a major pump up to my day and I enjoy our crazy banter anytime.

So here's to my girlfriends- all of you- I love you and appreciate your friendship and the time you take to keep in touch with me. I love our phone calls, our crazy e-mails and blogs, or our once a year Christmas letter exchanges. You keep me sane, because you share your bad days with me and listen to my bad days, you keep me grounded, because you tell me when I am out of line and you keep me happy, because I enjoy our friendships!!!!!

4 comments:

teviawall said...

ah, I love you too! I am glad we got to have a group therapy session. It made me remember that I do need girlfriends in my life. And giddy, yep, me too!

brownymama said...

Wow! At midnight?! Sounds like you had a great time though. What did you mean by nuking everything to keep the bugs out? I think I'm gonna need some help!

Jessie Nichols said...

I know you totally missed me. I am just the later year laughs and not so much the HS Laughs. Hope all is well..Get ready for that boy, Glad it is you and not me.

Michelle said...

How wonderful! I absolutely adore the free flyin' fun of hanging out with buddies. I'm glad you had a blast. I don't have your email anymore, so my new address is 3008 E Leland St, Mesa 85213