Thursday, July 2, 2009

The whole Famdamily :)

What a great vacation we just had!!!!!

Although it started out rough with puking kids all the way to Salt Lake, we had such a nice time. My mom invited us to drive up with her to visit a brother and sister in law (Trev n Jen) , and another brother (Brad) in Utah for a week. On top of getting to see them, another brother and sister in law (JR and Carrie) and their super cute girls (Danica, Taryn and Ellie) drove all the way from Colorado to hang with all of us while there. It's was so great because our kids got to see each other and play and play and play- they are all somewhat close in age, and I love to see them having fun together- they had their moments of disagreement, but overall they were so good and had such a great time. My girl's already miss their girls and can't wait for our next visit.


(All the girlies playing in a lake Tren n Jen took us to- they had fun, but the most fun was when Uncle JR drove is across the creek and took us off-roading- YEAH!!!!)

(Playing in Trev n' Jen's back yard)

(Hanging on a bridge where we had our picnic-wish I could remember the name of the place)

While there I got to become a Tai Pan virgin no more as Jen would say- both Carrie and I had never been there so Jennifer and my mom took us on the shopping experience of a lifetime.....I could seriously go crazy in that store!!! We also went on a great family picnic and then to Bridal Veil Falls and the girls had fun playing in the water! We also had a great day at the local park there in Murray- it got a little rainy towards the end, but my bro Trev cooked up some mean hamburgers and hot dogs, and the girls had fun feeding the ducks and playing on these CRAZY spinning things at the park- I have never seen anything like them- it just made me sick to watch them playing on them!!!
(Aunt Jen and Nick taking the kids up Bridal Veil Falls- so beautiful!!)


(Hanging with the Fam')
Our last day we chose to ride the train to Temple Square and wander around- it was good to feel the spirit of the area and just enjoy walking around. We then took the girls to the Gateway- a mall close by and let the girls play in the water area that they had there!!! They had fun but they got cold really fast and didn't last too long....at least not long enough for us to get all of our shopping done, but they were good little troopers and let us finish up.

(McKyrie and Granna touching a Moon Stone at the SL Temple- so pretty)
(Hanging at Temple Square on 1 of the reflection pools with Trev n Jen)

On our way home, we took a detour through Las Vegas to visit one last Brother and Sister in law (Brent and Jenn) and their girly (Reagan). He is in the Air Force stationed there at Nellis and they just moved there 2 weeks ago. We had a quick visit with them...just over night...not very long at all, but considering how hot it was (I totally do not miss the heat), it was just long enough.....but we definately want to get back to see them for a longer visit soon- maybe in the fall when I am not sooooo wimpy- j/k! We took my mom out on the town-she had never been to Vegas- and showed her all the cool casinos- I just love to look at all the architecture! It really isn't a kid place- we had to keep telling the girls to "look up" so they wouldn't see all the nudie cards on the street - what an adventure that was.........everyone enjoyed the Bellagio fountain and wanted to stay for more, but we were turning in to pumpkins and had to call it a night!



(Granna enjoyed the Bellaggio fountain- even though it was late at night)


In all, we had such a nice vacation- I think we sent mom home with our sickies though- poor Granna! We wore everyone out but had a lot of fun- hopefully everyone has recooperated and they are getting geared up for another visit- we have so much fun with family and are greatful we took the time to visit and see everyone! We stopped at the Hoover Dam to walk across it- that crazy bridge in the background is the new one they are building - its supposed to open in February of next year- did I mention that there is NOOOOOO way in Hell that I am going to drive on that thing? It is suspended over a giant canyon and is so crazy looking- forget it!!!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

It looks so beautiful! And I laughed out loud about your commentary about the new dam bridge.

Stefany said...

we too just got back from Salt Lake on Thursday and did many of the same things you did! would have loved to bump into ya! the weather was so wonderful wasnt it? glad you had fun!

The Burtons said...

That bridge DOES look crazy. They started that bridge forever ago when I use to live there. I can't believe it's not done yet. Ya, I'm with you... never crossing that bridge!

Heidi said...

You WERE right on my door step:) Sorry we didn't get to see you on that trip but it was WAY good to see you all in Heber. That was a fun night!

Bridal Veil falls is way pretty and so was Bellagio--we honeymooned in Vegas so I always have a romantic cry at the Bellagio fountain--especially if Andrea Boccelli is singing--sooo beautiful!

That bridge--oh my!-- is way more done than it was in November when we passed it--wow! What structure!

Ben Dutton said...

What a fun trip! I was just thinking about you and missing you guys. It was nice to catch up on your blog!