McKyrie: I have to say how proud I am of my 7 year old...she is not especially inclined to seek out public situations, but she is growing up so quickly and has put herself in the public eye a few times-by her own doing :) She volunteered with her best friend Avery to perform in the school talent show- they did a cheer, of course- Super cute, but I have no pictures- major bummer- we took the video camera that day. Then, she performed in a piano recital that I did with another lady from church- I was so proud of all my students, but especially proud of McKyrie- because I don't spend as much time with her as I should at teaching her, and because she learned her songs the day of the recital and performed them beautifully!!!!! What a stinking smart kid I have....


She also has taken up Softball and has really began to enjoy the sport! It is so wonderful to see her participating in a team sport and enjoying herself.....it requires a lot of time in the lovely P.V. wind for the family, but in all it is totally worth it to see her learning and progressing- toward the end she was making a lot more contact with the ball and she was starting to understand the concept of catching the ball and getting it to the correct base....there are so many fundamentals about the sport, so it was fun to see her "catching" on to more than just the basics of the sport.....



The end of school also brought some fun times for McKyrie- she had a great time participating in their "Spirit Week". I had fun helping her- we had so a great time decorating her hat for Silly Hat Day- it was a Scrapbook Hat, and finding a funky way to do her hair for Crazy Hair Day. She really got in to the fun of the week. I also got to participate in her class field trip that week - they went to the local Zoo. I have to say the zoo wasn't much to brag about, but I had so much fun with her and her friends, and it is nice that there is a little refuge for the animals up here! She of course wore her softball uniform for Sports Day and thought that we pretty darn cool as well!



The end of school also brought some fun times for McKyrie- she had a great time participating in their "Spirit Week". I had fun helping her- we had so a great time decorating her hat for Silly Hat Day- it was a Scrapbook Hat, and finding a funky way to do her hair for Crazy Hair Day. She really got in to the fun of the week. I also got to participate in her class field trip that week - they went to the local Zoo. I have to say the zoo wasn't much to brag about, but I had so much fun with her and her friends, and it is nice that there is a little refuge for the animals up here! She of course wore her softball uniform for Sports Day and thought that we pretty darn cool as well!

AINSLIE: This little girl is just growing up before my eyes as well. While outside with her she decided that she could ride a BIG GIRL bike- I was shocked- she could do it!!! She put her helmut on just like a big girl should and away she went- all over the drive way.....now she makes me go on walks with her and she can go up and down our hill all by herself-it's a long hill so I am quite proud of her for that.


She also has really taken a liking to babies, which makes me super happy! We have had the priveledge to watch a few of the babies that live by us a couple of times and it is so sweet to see her get the toys for them and make sure they have their binkies or bottles etc. She likes to rub my tummy and "talk" to the baby in my belly as well. She always asks cute, silly, questions like "Does the baby sleep on the cord that it eats from?" or the ever popular "How does the baby get out?" Her curiosity is endearing and I love that she understands enough to be soft around babies and little kids :) Her favorite baby is her new cousin Ellie- she couldn't leave her alone the whole time they were here visiting and spent a lot of her time questioning Aunt Carrie about how babies eat from their mama's and why they cry...Super Cute!

MY GIRLS: Both girls have really taken a liking to dance class- McKyrie has been in dance since she was about 3 and this was the first year we put Ainslie in as well. They did a really cute performance in December for Christmas, but this May they did their Spring performance and it was so awesome. They have a great teacher and most importantly they have FUN!!!! I love to see them beebopp around on the stage- we turn into truly goofy parents and take a million pictures and tons of video time- we seriously can't get enough!! It's almost pathetic, but we don't care, and Nick is just as bad as I am!!!! :) p.s. I made Ainslie's skirts- Yeah me!!





3 comments:
I seriously cannot believe how grown up your girls are becoming! So adorable and fun to hear from your family. We've grown a little since the Avondale days...
How great that you have your girls involved in so much. Glad to see McKyrie is taking piano. I was teaching Adrienne as well, and know what you mean by spending less time on your own child. I did however work out a great trade with another teacher in the ward. She has children the same ages as Jaron and Adrienne, so we are trading starting this week. I am so excited!
WOW!!! What talent they have. I think Katelynn would be able to take on the piano thing she is just like that. Does things last minute. LOL I love the skirts you also have many talents. So many things you have done this year.. No wonder your a slacker. J/K
Post a Comment