

On Friday, the mountain that our neighborhood backs up to, caught on fire......I guess a lightening rod hit somewhere and started the fire. I wasn't too worried until Saturday night when we had to leave town for an extended amount of time and left the girls with a babysitter. Now, I KNOW that the fire was far enough away, but having to leave my girlies made me a little nervous- I was concerned that if the fire came over the hill that they would evacuate our neighborhood. (Please keep in mind that I am a FREAK when it comes to fire- VERY big fear of mine :)
Sooooooo, I packed all of my photo albums and pertinent papers into a laundry basket and instructed our babysitter to "load the girlies into the car and then get all my photos and papers loaded.....but feel free to leave the cat!" if the Fire Department came by and told them they had to evacuate.
I am sure that the babysitter was thinking that I was Psycho! (I sure would have if I was her). She wasn't even old enough to drive yet- but I was quite confident she could have figured it out- she 's 15........................To say the least, I left feeling better and much more relaxed, the babysitter stayed thinking I was mental and Nick was quite sure that I had freaked her out!
Now that it's Monday, the fire is still going- they aren't trying to contain it-but it has gotten bigger- my photo albums are still in the laundry basket, important papers are still in the safe right by the laundry basket, and I have no plans to do any laundry this week- I don't want to unload all my stuff out of the basket "Just in Case"!!!!

3 comments:
Not a fun scenario you are looking at! I can see you going out and buying a new laundry basket today "just in case" you have to do a load:) Ug, mine has piled up again too. Hope you are safe and tell Nick to chalk up any psychotic behavior to the mere fact that you are pregnant!
First of all, any good reason to skip laundry is eagerly embraced at my house. Second of all, I think the babysitter thought you were AWESOME for letting her drive if the need arose. I would so babysit for you again if I was 15!
Way to scare the HECK out of the babysitter! You are so funny!!
Post a Comment