Sunday, August 9, 2009

Treasures....

Gosh I love my little girls, but the stuff they accummulate is somewhat OVERWHELMING!!
Everything they own is a special treasure- it's really quite cute, and I actually find it amusing- but sometimes I do get a little annoyed with how much stuff I find laying around. Most days I like to see them enjoying all of their stuff and playing nicely together, but then there are days like today that I really wish they would just keep it all in their room- I know, I'm crazy right??
Take for instance all the stuff I find in rooms OTHER than their room.........

Please note that there is not 1 but 2 shoes that don't match each other, that we have been looking for since last week-----they were under the spare bed. That's where they go, right? Most of this is from my room, the spare room and the nursery. I also should mention, that this is just from 1 days worth of "emptying" the rooms. I do this almost every day, and have yet to figure out how they get sooooo much stuff from their room in to all of the other rooms of the house so quickly. I think they have help from little "elves" that must be living somewhere in our walls :)


Now for my car---I really shouldn't even go here, but let's just sufice it to say that we "Live" in our vehicles. Very rarely is my car ever clean, and lately, my car is SUPER CLUTTERY!


Yes, at any given time we have 2 - 4 stuffed animals, 3-5 babies with all the accessories, 14 sippy cups, 3,000 old french fries and of course a pink fluffy pillow! That's not to mention the 6 pairs of flip-flops that Ainslie kicks off her feet over the course of a week and then walks in the house barefoot! As you can see, my children have lots of "treasures" that they leave laying around- oh the joy's of children :) :)


3 comments:

The Barron Bunch said...

If you figure out the secret to keeping toys in the room where they belong, you'll make millions!

The Ridings said...

I thought it would get better as they got older but in our house they only got worse. We need a support group!

Heidi said...

Ahhhh treasures! They are so abundant but if I walk past something that I know I've picked up or asked someone to pick up more than three times in a day, I pick it up and it goes in the trash.

The car was knee deep in Smushed Goldfish this weekend so Brandon got a handle on that one for me with a shop vac.

May a recommend a trip to the local DI...just wait til the baby comes...all the gear included.

I found two sippy cups under the bed this weekend. Who knows how long they've been festering under there!

Good luck with the treasures!