As many of you may have heard, Ainslie was diagnosed with kidney cancer a week and a half ago. To make a long story short, she fell on the coffee table, which they believe ruptured her tumor, and resulted in enough pain for me to take her to the Emergency Room. We thought maybe she had done some damage to her spleen, and so did the ER doc, but after a CT scan, they were able to tell that her spleen was just fine, but that she had a lesion that was bleeding on her left kidney, and they sent us right away to Phoenix Children's Hospital. I have to admit that I wasn't grasping the seriousness of them sending us to PCH, and fully felt that whatever it was, it would be solved and we would be out of there by the end of the day.
Boy was I wrong!!!! After running their own tests and CT scans, they decided that it was a tumor on the kidney that had to come out and we were admitted to the hospital. Cancer was still not in my brain, eventhough the ER oncologist at PCH explained to me that she felt it was serious and when I cried, she actually hugged me and cried with me a bit. I haven't seen her again, to let her know how nice it was to be treated as a human by a doctor....sometimes they get too busy and caught up in their job, but she wasn't.
Ainslie had surgery on that Wednesday to remove her tumor and her left kidney and her left renal gland. It was a very major surgery, and we were soooo nervous. Thankfully, we had a lot of family and friends there to distract us as best they could. We are very fortunate to have such a strong support group--I am quite sure that we will be leaning on them a lot for the next little bit! I am overwhelmed, I am sad, I am angry and I am heartbroken. But, I know we can get through this, I know she can survive, I know she is strong and spunky and that God made her that way for a reason!!! Please keep her in your prayers - we can feel your love and thoughtfulness, and totally appreciate it so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Elizabeth, My heart is so sad for you and my eyes are filled with tears. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. If you are still at PCH, I can bring you lunch, dinner, or just come and sit with you. Know that you all are in my prayers.
Love ya, Leslie
Oh my heck! Reading this sure brought back a lot of emotions I thought I didn't have anymore! I wish I was still there to help out with your cuties.
PCH is a GREAT hospital with such a dedicated EXCELLENT staff. Our oncologist started with an R . . . I can't remember, anyways, she was so nice also.
You will all be in our prayers and give cute Ainslee a hug for us. Hang in there. We love you!
We love you and your family and spunky little Ainslie! And we want to help with whatever you'll let us. I love the doctors and the entire staff at PCH. They are fantastic! The programs they have for the kids are awesome too. We're still planning on Sunday, but I'll call before hand just to make sure you are all up for it.
Krista
Woah. I am speechless. Please keep us posted. Ainslie and your family will be in our prayers. If you need anything while you are here in the valley, let us know.
My family and I have been praying for Ainslie and your family to be able to get through this together. My heart sank for you and that precious little angel of yours when I heard. I will continue to pray for her and your family. I wish I could be there for you... My kids are asking if we can send her pictures and maybe a letter.. Is it possible that you could email me your new address? Hugs and Kisses...
elizabeth, i am so here for you if need anything while in the valley! please let me know. your family is in our prayers.
Post a Comment