Monday, February 21, 2011

The good

It seems to me that whenever someone experiences a tragedy in their lives, there is always something good that happens to help balance out the bad. Such is the case with me :) First, I need to admit that I am not the type of person who accepts help easily-I am sure most people are not. I am afraid to admit, that I am a proud person, and perhaps that is what I am supposed to learn from this whole experience with Ainslie- to not be such a proud person :) Anyway, as a result of Ainslie needing to be in the hospital for so long (9 days) and then needing to have the radiation 6 days in a row, I have had to be gone A LOT!

The immediate reaction I had to needing to be gone so much was panic! But I need not to have worried- First, friends stepped in immediately and helped to give Ainslie a blessing before we drove down to the hospital. Then, Nick's mom and some of our dear friends stepped in to care for Brecken and McKyrie- ensureing me that I need not worry and they would care for them. Then my dad, bless his heart, came down to Phoenix the day after we were in the hospital and visited Ainslie. He then picked up Brecken from friends, and McKyrie from friends, and has since stayed in my home for the last 3 weeks caring for them while Nick and I have been otherwise occupied! I cannot thank him enough- words simply are not enough! How lucky are we that he has been able to do this? He has changed more poopy diapers in the last 3 weeks than I am sure he has EVER changed in his lifetime with 5 kids!!! He has entertained Brecken, made lunches for McKyrie and even done my laundry- this guy is amazing! I am greatful to friends in our ward and in our lives, who have helped him out along the way- so many have made meals- and we are talking super yummy stuff! Others have helped with rides for McKyrie to and from activities- which has been such a blessing, as I have tried to make sure this hasn't disrupted her life too much- even though I know it has :) I want her to be able to do all the things she could before Ainslie got sick and so far she has been able to thanks to the kindness of those we know and love!

I have had more texts of love and prayers than I ever imagined, and those have truly kept me going and helped me to stay positive. All of the kind words are so helpful and thoughtful and I very much appreciate them. I can honestly feel the prayers of our family and friends, and I realize now- even though I already knew- how truly blessed we are to have such a strong family, both Nick and I, and to have such amazing friends. People who truly care about us and about Ainslie!

So, although there is tragedy right now, there is also so much good! I am greatful to all of those who have stepped in and helped us- I love you all!!!!!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Elizabeth,
I am so glad that you are being cared for by good people. I wish I could offer more than my prayers for your little family. My heart goes out to you ~
I have always been impressed by your strength and courage.
With love and prayers,
Sarah :)

Tiffany said...

That PV ward is the best ever. I am glad you are all taken care of and your Dad sounds awesome!

Love you!

Katie said...

i wish i didn't move so far away. we are sending love and prayers your way. i think about you and little ainslie all the time. love ya