Thursday, April 12, 2012

Bumble Bee Ranch

This is my new favorite picture. First, it has 3 of my most favorite people in it.  Second, I just think their little bums look cute:)  Third, it's kind of an ironic picture- their shirts say "got hope?" and they are looking out at a field "hoping" that they get to do the horseback riding. 
We really are so blessed and lucky.  Ainslie is on the mend and doing fabulous, and we truly could not ask for more. Two weeks ago, I got to take the kids to Bumble Bee Ranch for a day of FUN put on by HOPEKIDS.  Again, I have to toot their horn- they are an amazing organization, that helps kids like Ainslie and their families, do activities to take their minds' off of the not so fun things in life. 
This was the most awesome day ever in a looong time!!!
They had food, they had fun, they had more fun, and they also had old-tyme pictures, which I loved :)

 It was western-themed, so to start the day off, we rode the "buckin-bull barrell".  This was hilarious- you could pick if you just wanted to ride, or if you wanted to be bucked off.  Let's just say that the workers arms' were dying by the end of the day.  Ainslie had a blast riding for fun and Ky chose to get bucked off which was hilarious!!  Brecken chose to stay far away.
Then we went on a hummer-jeep ride.  The line was long, but since noone wanted to sit in the front, I said we would and we got to get on right away.  This made Ainslie mad because she wanted to ride in the back- up in the sky- and she was NOT happy that I made her get inside and wear a seat-belt.  Around the middle of the ride I noticed that there was an empty seat in the very back row, so the driver let her climb up there for the way back- man was she excited- she is my dare-devil and wants to try anything new and exciting.  The cool thing about it was this--- I could not see who was in the very back, but I asked them to help Ainslie get buckled and they were very good to her.  When we got off, they came up to us and you would not believe this, but it was a girl who we met in the hospital when Ainslie was first diagnosed.  And we also ran into each other back in October when both girls' were in the hospital getting their ports out.  Can you believe it???  I swear these 2 girls are meant to be kindred spirits- it's so weird how we keep bumping into each other!

Bubba got a kick out of the monster trucks-love that the tire is even bigger than him!!!

Ainslie all geared up and ready to ride- it was nice that they had helmets for all the kids to wear- hopefully noone had lice lol!!!  Ainslie rode Chubby, McKyrie rode Cheyenne and Brecken rode Pickle.  Brecken loves to tell everyone the names of the horses and who rode which one- he is so funny!!

Ky working on her roping skills- she almost got it- NOT!  This thing was so hard to do.  They had some cowboys there- old and young- trying to teach the kids how to rope.  I think maybe 2 kids all day did it on their own...but they all had fun.

The rock-climbing wall was a hit!  My girls didn't get very far up the first time, but the second try, Ky made it more tht 1/2 way.  Not too shabby for a girl who is afraid of heights :)

The whole day was amazing.  We ate BBQ food, shot some paint-ball guns, did some crafts, drank a TON of water (it was a tad warm), took some old-tyme pictures to make mom happy and bounced in some bounce-houses, took a nice relaxing wagon ride (minus the hay-thank u!), along with all the other things above.  I am grateful to HopeKids for the fun day that I got to spend with my kids- they sorta rock!  Now next year Nick needs to go (poor guy was stuck at the office doing taxes) !!

No comments: