I am sad. The oldest has lost her innocence. She no longer believes in the Easter Bunny :( It's really my fault- I am no good at lying, or at remembering to KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT when my children are around. I have this really bad habit of saying we bought something--when really it was someone who only comes at Christmas time, etc. you get the idea. Anyway, now she is 10 and she listens- to everything I say-except when I tell her to go to bed.
So, this year, she asked me straight out "Mom, are you and Dad the Easter Bunny?" I told her no- that I most certainly did not have time to get up in the middle of the night and hide eggs for them to hunt for in the morning. She said "whatever." And then she went to bed. And she wrote this note to the Easter Bunny (in the mostly-dark) and she gave it to me to leave for him to sign. I told her I was sure he would sign it...she said "how? he doesn't have any fingers to hold a pen with?" DANG is she smart.
Anyway, this is what the letter said,
"Dear Easter Bunny,
I'm the oldest and have it bad!
You always hind eggs in pain sight so I have no fun at all!
All I do is turn around and there is an egg!
Please hide harder this year.
I know you can't right, so simply give me some sort of a sign, like a pawprint
right here if you read this
(with an arrow pointing to a blank circle)
Love, McKyrie
AHA- she caught me- she knew for sure that there was NO bunny right at that moment! You should have seen her face!!!!
Makes me sad....but now I have someone to stay up late and hide the eggs with next year :) I hope she doesn't grow up too fast, but this was an ok thing to let her start growing up on! :)

1 comment:
I know it can be hard to watch them lose the innocence of believing in things. I always wondered how I would've reacted if I had a different upbringing. Look at it this way, next year she can help you put together the baskets for Brecken and Ainslie!
Post a Comment