Thursday, February 5, 2009

5 days

I have been gone for 5 whole days....

5 days without the husband
5 days without the kids
5 days with family
5 days without all my snugglies and kisses
5 days of not doing laundry

AHHHHHH the bliss I have been living.
I had such a nice time visiting with family and seeing the sights of freezing cold Colorado-really, it was cold, deep snow and all, but I missed everything except the laundry. I guess you could say that it is nice to get back to my real life. I really was needing the kisses and snuggles from a certain 3 and 6 year old, although my nieces were good fill ins for awhile- Thanks girls. I was missing a little more than that from the husband, but we don't need to go there :)
Anyway, I am back and the laundry missed me- it was even nice enough to keep itself in neat little piles in my closet. Thank goodness the dishes didn't miss me!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

AH yes the wonderful times of being a mom..LAUNDRY!!! I hate laundry... I would terribly miss my kids and everything else as well, but LAUNDRY YULK!! I would hope my hubby would do it for me as a nice welcome home gift. Till he comes back I will have to hold on to that dream. LOL... Bet the kids loved having you home till you tell them to clean their rooms.. HA HA HA

Bedie said...

Glad you were able to get a way for a while. It is always nice to go on a little vacation without the kids, and it is always great to get back to see them!!! Sorry about your laundry, my laundry never gets done while I am gone either:( And I HATE laundry, I wish we had disposable clothes, we could buy them in bulk and throw them away when we are done!!!