
Our Front View Our Back View
Ok, so I know that my sister- in - laws Carrie and Jennifer will totally laugh at this (they live in Colorado and Utah, respectively), but today we had a SNOW day- No school! Could there be anything better than this when you were in school? I remember praying for snow days when I was little. I would see those snowflakes start coming down, and all day long I would wish and wish that tomorrow would be a day off of school. Or at least a delayed start :) Maybe I would go out and play in the snow, or maybe I would stay in all day in my pajamas, but for sure, I would not have to listen to teachers drone on and on and assign a pile of homework!
This morning when I told McKyrie that there was no school because of snow, she jumped and my bed all giddy-like and said "oh goody, that is what I wished for all night" That totally brought back memories for me. So today, they bundled up all nice and warm and went out and played in the snow- it's like a mini vacation for them. And, although there isn't nearly as much snow on the ground as when I would get a snow day, I am greatful that the school district had the good sense to give them this day off of school- it makes for a fun day for us! I just feel bad that the husband didn't get to stay home and enjoy this fun day with us- I think he deserves a snow day too!!!!!!
Anyway, I am off to make hot cocoa for my little snow bunnie
s!
Anyway, I am off to make hot cocoa for my little snow bunnie
s!This doll was left outside- she was slightly icy!


9 comments:
That is so great! You got more than we did last night:) We must live too close to the Lake of Salt Lake because storms split off and go north to dump their foot of snow and we got less than 2". Go figure! We will probably never get a snow day. I'm glad you are excited with them! Build a great snowman and sit by the fire!
This is a great storm - the Groundhog was right! We got flurries here in El Paso, too. What a fab late b-day present for McKyrie! :) ♥
that is awesome! i totally remember wishing for snow days when i was little (colorado) and we never go them too often, but when we did it was cause for huge celebrations!!!! and bonus if it lasted 2 days!
your little snow bunnies are so cute!
I think we will never have a snow day. We can get 6 to 8 inches and still school must go on.
Wow! How fun. We loved our snow days! You have to enjoy it while it lasts. Have a great time McKyrie! Snowball fights, snowmen, and hot cocoa are days to remember!
YEAH!! I have been praying for a day of snow here. LOL Today we got some flurries I guess my prayers were answered? Enjoy the moment this is a day to scrap about.
I STILL pray for snow days. I think I want it more than the kids actually. It doesn't happen here - the show must go on.
I love to look at snow, but I am glad we live in Phoenix where we don't get it:) I am such a wimp, I have been freezing the last couple of days. Can't wait for summer!! As my dad says..."The HOTTER, THE BETTER"
How fun! And I'll have you know I didn't laugh at you! Just slightly chuckled. :)
I'm glad you and the girls got to enjoy a nice cold day of white fluff.
The poor kids here never get a snow day. An inch of snow or 3 feet of snow...it doesn't even matter. School goes on!
Post a Comment