Friday, February 27, 2009

Oh to be humbled!


For those of you who know McKyrie, you know that she has the most thick and beautiful hair. She also has the MOST sensative head in the world.. we have had many morning fights and tears getting that beautiful, long, thick hair combed out. Although I am understanding, and I try to comb it as softly as possible, I haven't given her much sympathy, and have even used words like "suck it up" out of frustration from having to listen to her cry day after day. Hence, the main
reason we like her hair cut....although she still gets rats, there are certainly a lot less.

Well, today was my pay-back! Ainslie decided that she would like to play "take care of mommy", since I have been so sick and spent about 3 hours of the morning on the couch wishing I could die or at least throw-up. Part of her taking care of me required that she do my hair- cute right? All I know is that I screamed about 20 times when she either combed my hair or put a pony-tail in. On top of that, she kept saying "It's okay mommy, I'll be soft- I promise it won't hurt". I do believe that my own words have come back to bite me in the butt.....plus, now I know why McKyrie has such a sensative head- she gets it from me, dang it! I guess now I will have to be WAAAAAY more understanding. It's always great to be humbled by your children:)

2 comments:

trublubyu said...

trying to keep girls' hair cute is so annoying. my girls are whiners when i try to brush out their hair.

so, let's make a deal: we'll shave our heads if you will shave yours. k?

i hope you start feeling better. how long does your nausea usually last?

Heidi said...

Don't you love your words coming out of a little person's body? The ring is so horrifying! I hope you had lots of "pretties" when you were done and you were a really good sport to keep her entertained in your anguish. Hang in there!