Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sorrow

A friend of mine lost her child over the weekend. He died of cardiac arrest at the age of 7, and how this is possible I have no idea. Children are supposed to have strong hearts and endless energy and it doesn't seem right that Gavin had to go so suddenly. After hearing of this, I prayed that she will feel peace and comfort and that she will be able to feel the love and prayers of all of her friends and family and that she and her husband and other children can heal. I read some of the words and thoughts she wrote while going through this tragedy last week, and I was amazed at how strong she is, how strong their family is. I marveled at her faith and courage and her calmness throughout the whole ordeal. At the comfort she has found in being able to donate his organs...which is so amazing and such a blessing to all of the recipients! And then I prayed to God to never let me know of her pain. I selfishly begged that I never have to know what it is like to lose a child! I have spent the last day bartering in my mind with God and making deals with him to please heal Ainslie and help her to continue to be strong. I ache for my friend and their loss. I prayed that I might have the courage and strength, that my friend has, to get me thru this time with Ainslie. To help me be patient with her on bad days, and to remind me to snuggle her when she asks....even if I know there is laundry and a pile of dishes waiting for me:) To help me to not be afraid, even though deep in my soul I am. I am blessed to know such a strong person as my friend, and although I haven't seen her in a few years, since she move to New York, I was relieved to see that her faith is still strong. I know that she can recover from this and that she will find peace and her family will heal. I am greatful for the example she is to me even in her time of sorrow.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Very nicely posted...Sarah and I both had our separate cries this past weekend when we realized what was going on...I still feel such a special bond with everyone from our Avondale ward...even when it's been a long time since we've seen each other I just really, really love the friends/bonds I made there. There is nothing more real to me and when something goes on for one, it is felt with us all! We are all crushed for the S family and we are all pulling deeply for Anslie. Our hearts are tied together so think of us rooting for you as you make your weekly journeyings. I know exactly how you feel when you actually have to go in to the dr. and deal with it. That describes my past year. No fear sweetie...the Lord is steering us through! Love you!

Michelle said...

I agree! I was almost speechless with admiration when I read Julie's posts. And it comforted me to know that whatever crazy situation I find myself, the Lord will see me through it. Then in the same breathe, I pray that I will never have to use it!! Much love to you and your sweet family.

Stefany said...

okay that totally made cry for the hundreth time over the past couple days..what a lovely post that is so honest and sincere! thanks for sharing!

trublubyu said...

amen to heidi, michelle and stefany. it is unimaginable what they have gone through- and what you are going through with your sweet little ainslie. such a connection we all share. our prayers continue to be with you! hugs.

Jena said...

I'm so sorry for your friend's loss. Is it anyone I would know? Give yourself more credit. Your ARE strong and have more strength than most people I know. If you need someone to come do your dishes, call me! :)