Ainslie is in her 11th week of chemo treatment. Actually, she has this week and next week off from chemo, she just has to do some testing. She has labs this week and a CT scan next week. I am really looking forward to her having these few weeks off and hopefully being able to gain some much needed rest and energy!!
I am scared though. I am scared for the CT scan and I can only hope that all of the results come back good. Deep in my heart I feel like all will be fine, but you always have that nagging "thing" in the back of your mind saying what if it isnt. I really dislike that nagging thing :) It must a parent thing..lol!
The doctors say she is really doing well and responding to treatment just as they would hope! I know that this has a lot to do with modern medicine, but I also know that it has more to do with all of the prayers being said on her behalf. I read a story once about the concept of collective thought. The basic idea was that if a large enough group of people focused on the same thing, they could make what ever they were focusing on, happen. I have no idea if this is true or not, but my faith in prayer has really been strengthened throughout this whole ordeal with Ainslie. I firmly believe that with so many people praying and thinking of her, that they are helping her to heal and to be strong and brave.
She has mostly returned to her normal self. She is snuggly and ornery all at the same time, and that makes me laugh!!! She seems to have gained most of her lost weight back, and she looks more healthy to us. Even her hair has began to grow back a little bit.....we are still curious to see if it will grow back straight or curly. She does tire easily, and I notice she is short of breath and breathes more deeply than she did before- I hope that goes away.
For now, I will just keep my fingers crossed and my prayers focused on the CT scan results. I pray for the best outcome possible and hope it happens! I love this girl, she is my angel and she is strong!!!!

9 comments:
And you can bet she is being prayed for constantly! Glad she's still got her spunk!
I have to agree with ya there . . . collective thoughts and prayers work miracles! Good luck on the next CT and enjoy those weeks off. What if's ARE hard. Every headache Hadley has I now wonder. Love you guys and miss you tons!
I put her name in at the temple on Saturday morning. Collective prayer is a great thing. :)
she's looking good! all those prayers do amount to a lot! We are keeping you guys in ours. so sad I missed you this week. Stupid Physical therapy appt!!!!! :)
love ye
Prayers for you all...always. Having had my mom and sister both with cancer, 'scan' day is a ALWAYS a stressful day for everyone.....you hold your breath until you get the good news and can breathe again. Thinking of you and hoping you are enjoying this 'break'. I still would love to see you soon!!!!
Hugs!
We think about your guys A LOT. We'll keep praying for good results! And call me if you ever wanna meet up when you're down here. I'd love to see you guys again!
I'm thinking of her and you all so often. You are always going to worry. It's your job as a mom. If you didn't, you wouldn't be a great one! When my mom was sick she used to imagine herself fighting the cancer. I honestly believed it's the only reason she lived as long as she did. I'll keep thinking my positive thoughts for you all!
She does look great... We will continue to keep her in our prayers.. Pray that the results will come back positive.. Enjoy the rest both of you..
Post a Comment