3 years ago
Monday, December 15, 2008
Mirror, mirror on the wall......
Hey there it's me, I would like to see a more complimentary reflection of myself please....hey, do you hear me MR. Mirror? I am talking to you.......No really, this is NOT the look I was going for today----My mirror is not being very nice these days. I know that I am officially "in my 30's", but that doesn't mean that I like to say I am, nor do I like to look like I am. I used to pride myself on the beautiful tan that I could achieve during the summer. Many a friend has commented me on my nice olive complexion, and of course compliments are great to get. I have told myself every summer that the sun in NOT my friend and that I will regret my love for the "golden burning ball" one day, yet I consistantly find myself chillin on the beach each year! I wear sunscreen faithfully, and moisturizer as well, but now I am getting these strange bumps on my chest and my face is looking aged. I think this sucks, for lack of a better word, and of course I am greatly regretting my previous sun lovin' summers! I even still have teenager pimples that surface every week or two and that is a major bummer as well. I read in a magazine somewhere that the best way to prevent smile lines is to SMILE....it strengthens your smile muscles so they won't sag-who knew- my goal is to smile more and then maybe my face will look less aged and who knows, maybe my mirror will cooperate and show that great reflection that I am looking for! Wish me luck
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Post some pics and let the jury decide how aged you look! I agree though, I could have stayed out of the sun more as a youth, and even now, but I LOVE the sun and will just have to reap the consequences of being a sun lover!
I used to think 40 was when things went down hill, but since I turned 30 it has been a major battle! Age spots and wrinkles are what kill me!
I don't know what you're talkin about. You're one HOT MAMA!!!!
Don't feel bad...Trev has a head full of gray hair. By 30 he will be totally gray. You don't believe me? Check out his head when we come see you! You'll be shocked!
Ok I get it, but I do not at the same time. I am so white it's not funny, and I burn when I do go out in the sun. I have always wanted the olive tone skin, but maybe not so much as I get older and hear the many stories. Hopefully your mirror will cooperate with you soon. I think you look great for all thats worth..
cute post. i think i tend to avoid mirrors lately. hmmm- smile more? gotta try that.
As a fellow olive skinned girl, I can tell you that darker skin tends to age with better grace than fair skin. Maybe just step back from the mirror one pace! It works for me! :)
The sun and I have not been friends since I was a kid, although my feet have a nice, slight sandal tan. My friend's mom sleeps on her back so she doesn't get wrinkles from her face getting all smooshed when she sleeps. Hmmm... And I'm flipping getting gray stinkin' hairs AND zits. I've got a foot in both age pools, dammit! But I'm looking forward to the wisdom, if nothing else.
Post a Comment