
Today I turned 32.....I try to just look at it as a number, not an increase in years. I love my birthday, everything always seems to go just right-today I had a great hair day, even though I did not have time for a shower. Today, my visiting teachers fed me a great lunch, and Ainslie behaved. Today, I got my grocery shopping done and I almost everything I wanted was on sale- did they know it was my birthday? Anyway, in reflection of my birthday here are some things that I have learned in my wise 32 years and that I know about myself.
1. I know that my husband loves and appreciates me. He tells me all the time and I LOVE it.
2. I know that my children are adorable, and that they are precious children of God. They love me, inspite of me, and I love them.
3. I like to drive MY truck more that NICK's stupid car.
4. I HATE to do the laundry- I mean HATE HATE HATE- do you get the jist?
5. I love it when it rains- never often enough in my opinion. I love the smell of rain too.
6. I am greatful for my talents- I am good at talking to people, I am a good piano player, I am a fairly crafty person, I am a good mom and wife, etc. etc. Heavenly Father has truly blessed me.
7. I love fresh flowers- any kind, but lilies and tulips are my fav.
8.I love to vaccum- I do it everyday (almost)
9. I am not coordinated- I fall ALL the time
10. I am a decent cook- I don't like to experiment, but I can follow a recipe just fine
11. I LOVE to take pictures and scrapbook them and I love all day scrapbook retreats
12. I still know how to ride a bike- I just realized this over the summer
13. I look better in brown and green than in yellow and orange.
14. Mexican food is the best- except when I am pregnant
15. My husband's favorite thing to do at night is watch CNN and eat nachos and ice cream :)
16. I am proud of my garden
17. I have 4 awesome brothers who I think are just great
18. When I talk on the phone, I talk really really fast and forget to breathe
19. I prefer Jay Leno over David Letterman
20. I like country music because I can understand and sing the words- i like alternative music too, but I seem to listen to country more often
21. I like to take McKyrie to school because I can gauge the kind of day she is going to have
22. I like to decorate my home for the holidays, especially Halloween and Christmas
23. I LOVE to play games- any kind, but especially cards
24. I look exactly like my mom
25. I am afraid of being unable to provide for our children
26. I am a smart person who can figure out most problems that I am faced with
27. I have 5 beautiful neices- Sami, Danica, Taryn, Isabella and Reagan.
28.I enjoy keeping in touch with my high school girl friends- they are some of my closest friends, and they know some of my truest forms
29. I own 2 acres of land, and never thought that would be possible and I think it will never be fully landscaped
30. My husband and I communicate about EVERYTHING and I believe that is the success of our marriage.
31. I do not like to exercise- this includes hiking, walking etc. I am bound to be fat the rest of my life.
32. I am addicted to Pepsi and am trying to wean myself so that I can be a better example to my children
33. I am proud of where I am from and the school that I graduated from
34. I miss my grandfather
35. I love family reunions
36. I want to give my cat to the pound-if she pukes one more time I just might
37. I like to cry-well not really, but I like how I feel after I have let it all out
38. I like to have my Christmas shopping done by October- it doesn't always happen, but I like to try
39. My parents are amazing people and they were right- about everything- dang it!
40. I appreciate my heritage, and I want to be better about geneology
41. I love to get mail
42. I get tan really easily- I know it's bad, but I love the sun and it loves me
43. I could not wear flip-flops until I was 30- they bugged my toes until I just made myself do it
44. I do not like to go outside without sunglasses- my eyes instantly start to water.
45. I prefer chapstick over lipgloss
46. I don't drink milk and I forget to take calcium- i will probably be a hunchback when I am older
47. I want to get braces again- and get my teeth whitened
48. I LOVE to travel- I can't get enough of it and wish I could see the whole world- maybe someday
49. I like my hair shorter rather than long
50. I cannot walk barefoot on concrete and I hate sand on my feet and hands
This list is too long- sorry, apparently I am a conceited person-anyway hopefully I will learn many more things the older I get

6 comments:
Happy Birthday! Welcome to the realm of 32 - it's been good for the 3 weeks I've been here! You rock, and I hope you had a fantastic day! All my happiest wishes are for you right now!
Happy happy birthday! Glad you posted it. Don't you love how blogs just make you think and appreciate the little things@? I loved your list and I love to vacuum too!! Hope you had just a super day! Hugs!
happy birthday! 32 is lucky to have you!
Beth,
I LOVE the list! I truly hope you had a great birthday...I was secretly hoping you'd answer your cell phone so I could sing to you...but alas I felt stupid doing it to voicemail! And as a side note, holy moly...you're wearing flip flops these days???!!! I thought that day would NEVER come...lol. I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday, you deserve it girl!
Ha-cha-cha!! 32 looks good on you, Beth! And I love, love, LOVE that you did that list!! I was just thinking (seriously, the same day I read your post) some downer thoughts and then was reminding myself of the talents I've been given and the good qualities I have. We should totally sing our praises more often. : ) Hope you had a great day!!!!
Happy LATE birthday! I am so proud of you for having so many great things you can say. It is so nice to see someone happy. It's been a long week over here and as I tried to make a list (mentally) I couldn't come up with many of my own. Maybe I will try on my birthday. We shall see.
Post a Comment