Friday, September 12, 2008

McKyrie and school

Since I wasn't a blogger at the time, McKyrie's first day of school wasn't published, so I thought I would share a cute picture of her. She is in First grade now and we LOVE her teacher!! McKyrie is doing great at school, in fact, over Labor Day weekend she read her very first Junie B chapter book all by herself! We were proud of her because it is an advanced book for her age, it has really big words, and it is 10 chapters long so we thought it would take her awhile.-boy were we wrong!! She was especially proud of herself because the book was 69 pages long- she told us this several times- and she loved it. It is great to see her recognizing her potential and really beginning to
enjoy the world of books- something that I happen to have a huge passion for as well!
Also, two other exciting things happened on this week at school 1. McKyrie lost her 3rd tooth at school and 2. She received a special award at school for being a kind and considerate person- she was only 1 of 6 students to receive this as voted on by other students at the school! We are so proud to see that the little girl we think is so kindhearted is also being recognized by others as a sweet person and friend. Way to go Girl!!!!!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Awesome job, McKyrie! Wow ! 69 pages is alot!!! We like Junie B, too.

Anonymous said...

Way to go McKyrie! We have always thought you to be smart and kind in all that you do.

Jill * Zane said...

How cool is that? I love, love, love watching Alec, and any young kid, learn to read. So exciting! And character is just as important, if not more so, than brains.

Heidi said...

Great job McKyrie! I can see her just enjoying that book so much! Love Junie B. Her teachers must be so impressed. Glad to see some pics of these cuties!