Friday, November 21, 2008

I saw it...

I played Bunco on Thursday....I had a really great time- I enjoy a night every now and then where I don't have to use my brain. Then, someone mentioned that they had an extra ticket to the midnight showing of Twilight. For sure, THE "movie of the year", according to all of my young women, and most of my friends, and me too! So, I picked up that cell phone right quick, called the husband, made sure the kids were all snuggled in bed and then drove my happy little self to the local Harkins.

I love Harkins, they have the best refill cups for only $1- it is great, except I am trying not to drink soda (5 days and counting), and it is a major bummer to watch a movie without any soda to sip on.......so sad :)

I was just a cruising along at a happy 36mph, when in my rear view mirror, what do I see, but a red and blue light flashing at me....the copper said I was speeding- I had to disagree, but with an out of date insurance card and no proof of registration I thought I was definately a gonner (the husband needs to SERIOUSLY update the info in his car). But what to my wondering ears did I hear "Where are you going to ma'am?" I was honest of course - "To see Twilight with friends" He giggled I tell you, he really did- and said he understood my excitement and rush- (he must have a wife who was as thoroughly involved in the hundreds of pages of the four volumes, as I was.) He let me off with a warning - HALLEJULAH, mr. copper you Rock!

And so, I arrived at 9:45 to WAIT and WAIT and WAIT until............Midnight!

it was Packed.....with teenagers........lots of teenagers......crazy teenagers in top hats.......teenagers doing flips in the aisle........cute teenagers that belong to my church....I love those girls.......

And then I sat through 2 hours of cheesiness and sweetness and funniness. It was a sweet movie, not what I expected it to be, but when is the movie ever as good as the book? I felt a little like I was watching a low budget movie, and that provided good entertainment. I think my expectations were too high- we've all been waiting for months.........but I would recommend that you see, just so you can judge for yourself!

p.s. I am sooooooo greatful I am not a teenager anymore-what drama!

7 comments:

trublubyu said...

hooray- the cop gods were looking out for you.

and props for sticking with your no soda regimen. that is way hard during a movie.

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous of you!! Not cuz you got pulled over. Cuz you got to see Twilight!! It is SO hard for me to wait until Saturday to see it! That is one WHOLE week!! But it will be worth it cuz I'll see it with my sister and not Trev. Don't get me wrong-I love the guy, but it will be much funner to see it with someone who appreciates Edward as much as I do!!

Stefany said...

i would have given you a ticket! hahaha!! just kidding! glad you had fun!

The Ridings said...

I went in not expecting much and ended up liking it okay! I think the key was not expecting too much!

BejaranoBlessings said...

Didn't know you played bunco, isn't is a blast? I've had a group here for going on 7 years we LOVE it!

That Dorn Family! said...

Actually, I wonder if the cop was a fan himself. You wouldn't believe how many of my boys read the series. My son even wants to read it when he is "old enough".

Rachel Rogers said...

I was so lucky to be able to fly to Phoenix and see it with my mom and my sisters (minus Amy)....I think it made the movie better seeing it with them...Ok, I'm a looser...I STILL haven't mailed your birthday card....I vow to get it in the mail before monday....