The other day, McKyrie brought home a darling little book that she wrote at school. They could pick any topic they wanted to write about.........Here is what she had to say, written exactly as she wrote it- punctuation, spelling and all-
"I always wanted a dog"
By: McKyrie
Deticated to: My sister
(I don't know if they had to dedicate it or not, but she always does this with her papers she writes at home)
I always wanted a dog. I would name her Kayla. She would sleep in my bedgroom. I'd play with her every day. She would be so cute! She would be choclit brown with white. She would have a black coller and it would say Kayla. She would not bug me. She is 1 year's old. She is very small. I would love her so much!
Cute, right? This is truly a gang up on Nick and I to get the girls a dog for Christmas.....it is NOT going to happen! We are not dog people, we do not let animals sleep in the room and I know we would NOT play with her every day. We WOULD forget to feed her occasionally, and forget to walk her and we certainly WOULD get tired of her panting and licking us. (At least I would get tired of it :) So, here 's the problem with getting a dog....I do not want to scoop poop, and I know that they won't do it......I don't want to walk to the dog, I am lazy- and so are they............I do not want to pay to have a fence put in, although we need one either way..............I don't like the smell of dog food, dog breath, dog kisses, the girls might though.........Besides, what KIND of dog so a person get????
I think dogs are cute, and sweet and loyal- much more so than our old stinky cat- but they require a lot more ATTENTION-and that is one thing I have no more of to give. Sorry girls, I guess maybe a stuffed dog will have to do this year!!!:):):):)
3 years ago

7 comments:
Besides all that, no matter what you get it won't be the right one. We have a poodle. He is smaller than our cats. But that's not enough. We need a big dog. And I know if we only had a big dog we would need a little dog. Our dog doesn't sleep with us either. He has a little kennel that he sleeps in. He has his own bed just like everyone else!
Don't do it! Resist the childish pleas! But if you give in, you can have my dog. I'm SO over her. I know that's insensitive to the dog - but, well, she can't read so I think I'm safe. Seriously, she is alot of work and it's like pulling teeth to get Ben to scoop poop and feed her (and those are definitly boy jobs!). Sorry McKyrie. I'm with mom on this one.
i can relate to this one. it is a tough battle.
good luck.
Way to stick to your guns. Dogs are nasty. I hate dog breath, dog food, dog hair, dog everything.
You could always get her one of those stuffed dogs that look and feel totally real and come with a little carry cage and leash and everything.
It's just like the real thing except you don't have to scoop poop. :)
Amen sister! We have held out for over 10 years now and continue to do so. I know you can do it!!!
As much as I would love to have as much land as you guys have, one perk to having super close neighbors is my kiddos who L.O.V.E. dogs tambien get to play with all of the neighborhood dogs -an English bull dog, a shitzu (they should totally mate), a chihuahua and a boxer. I don't have to scoop poop or have their hair all over my house or have them slobber or smell their dog breath on everything and it doesn't cost anything. Both the kids and mama are happy. Hoorah.
My kids want a dog too. We will not cave. We found out that guinea pigs can be pretty cuddly, and they are in a cage. No licks, barks, or pee stains in the grass! Looks like we might go for one of these.
Post a Comment