Friday, January 23, 2009

Goblins..

I have decided that I have a goblin living in my home. She must have come to my home completely naked, since she keeps stealing my clothes.
To date, I am missing my brand NEW white bra- it's been missing since October. This means that I still have to wear the old streached out, slightly ecru bra that the new one was meant to replace- and I even looked in the toy box, where Stephanie miraculously found hers. I have other colors of course, but the white one is indespensible in my mind- I think I need a few more for back ups.
I am also missing my newest pair of jeans, which leads me to believe that this is a very LARGE goblin, since my pants are not small in size nor short in length......like I'm gonna tell you what size I wear :) The pants have been missing since December- Christmas to be exact- and I have called all family that we visited to see if perhaps they have inherited a rather new looking pair of jeans. But, alas noone has found my jeans- bummer! I only have 2 other pairs, and one of them has a hole in the leg and the other one is a little on the short side. I don't like to shop for myself........
Our very tall and very wide goblin must also have a very small head. I believe this because for Christmas, we bought the girls the cutest matching hats................and Ainslie's is missing!!! Major bummer- they really looked cute in them, and although I know that my little sneaky 3 year old can hide things quite well, I have yet to find that adorable hat-double bummer!

If I ever find that dang goblin, she is going to seriously owe me some clothes because I haven't even begun to tell you about all the missing socks (and I never lose socks!) and my favorite hair comb that I've had since college. So, after typing this blog, I realize that I actually really need new clothes, even without finding the missing stuff. Oh well, summer is almost here and I have LOTS of capris:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I could almost be your goblin because I could were your clothes I bet and my girls both fit in your girls stuff! I hope that you find your stuff. If not go buy you some pants.

Anonymous said...

First of all, if you only have 3 pairs of pants I think you are due for some more.
Secondly, that goblin is at my house too.
Of lately we are missing an oven mitt, a heating pad, a towel, and my sanity.
Dang goblin.

Heidi said...

Good luck on the goblin hunt...at least at my house I know it's Megan. She found the toothpaste she stole two days later so that's good...at least your goblin cares about your dental hygiene but apparently not you nakedness. Sorry..

Mary Ann said...

I love it! I am no the only one that has a goblin. I do remember however that I had a favorite pair of jeans, and two favorite shirts that were missing. It bugged me so bad for months. David insisted that I replace them, so I did, but I was still bugged as to where they could be. 6 months later we moved out of our rental into our new home. When we opened our dryer for our first load of laundry in our new home, there was a load. My favorite jeans, and two favorite shirts were there! I can't believe we didn't check before we put the machine in storage. Now I had those things, plus the new ones which made it a real bonus situation! Good luck!