For the past few months, I have been relenquished to watching all of the nightly political news there is. Part of this is because I want to watch it and hear what the candidates have to say- the other part is because my husband likes to listen to literally ALL the info there is- even if every channel is saying the same thing over and over and over and over........you get my drift. Our nightly joke is "hey-what are we gonna watch tonight?" (I know it's not really a joke, but I find it quite hilarious).
Anyway, the only nightly news person he won't watch is Nancy Grace and he has a very legitimate reason----she only talks about poor little Caylee (the missing girl who I am sure her mother killed). No politics from this woman- no sir! She has much more important things to discuss - poor little Caylee! My husband pointed this out to me about a month ago, that she talks about her every night- I didn't believe him until I started checking-EVERY night. And guess what - that is truly all she talks about! Until last night- now she has a new topic- The tragic incident that happened to Jennifer Hudson's family. I am curious to know if this is her new pet project, or if it was just a nightly diversion. I think it's great though, that in all of the demand for political information, she has recognized that there is other stuff going on in the world, and that we need to not forgot about those events.
My point is......actually I am not sure if I have a point, but here goes..... I know that politics are very important, and I know that I need all the facts, but how many times does one person have to hear "we need change" or "He has no experience" before we get tired of it? I personally was tired about 10 months ago and think they should shorten the running process to 1 year max....but until they do that, it is nice to know that there is at least one reporter who has something else to talk about- even if her stuff is also the SAME thing night after night after night....
-p.s. I am not in anyway promoting Nancy Grace- I am not a very big fan of her that often. I'm just fascinated by the fact that even she has focused on only one story for LITERALLY 2 months! But at least it's not politics :)
3 years ago

4 comments:
I am sooo ready for the vote to be over. I am so tired of seeing the politics all over everything.
I won't be sad when the election is over. I'm ready to see new faces on my tv. Although I have enjoyed SNL with Sarah Palin. :)
I tend to stay away from all coverage if possible. Although, SNL has been funny with the Tina Fey sketches (Yeah for 30 Rock back on the air)I don't like either candidate and think they are both annoying. Nancy Grace never gets air time in our house either. She bugs more than I can say.
I have enjoyed these little glimpses into your life Beth. I find I don't keep up on many people, but the few I do, i appreciate the daily stuff of life from them. Thanks for letting me read your blog. by the way, i can't remember if you are on my blog list to comment. If you are interested and not on it (I guess I could go check) let me know and I will send you an invite.
Have a Happy Halloween!!
Tevia-
send me an invite- I am not sure which of your blogs to get onto :)
Post a Comment