So here is the scoop...How DID I end up in a boot cast you ask? Well, it was while playing "Do you like your neighbor?" with the YM and YW on my first official night as the new YW Secretary, of course! Who knew that running barefoot on the wood gym floor would cause you to tear a ligament in the bottom of your foot (hurts like a son of *** by the way), and put you in a boot cast for 3-6 months- that's right 3-6 MONTHS! It is black though, so I think I look a little thinner on that leg- if nothing else, I am very fashionable-especially at church! To be honest, my foot had been bothering me for a few months, and I think this was just the icing on the cake. My doctor says that I also have one of the worst bone spurs in a 30 year old that he has ever seen (i didn't tell him I was really 31 at the time), so I got a wonderful cortizone shot for that one- didn't do too much, but my foot was numb for 6 hours and that was sort of nice. If I forgot to mention, this is my RIGHT foot, which is the of course the foot I need to drive with, so I get a lot of stares when I forget the cast is on and I try to brake and we jerk in the middle of the road- this dang thing weighs 5lbs at least and I forget how heavy it is- Well, that is the scoop on my beautiful new accessory. p.s. NOW my shoulder is hurting- with all my issues I am sure to meet my $5000 deductible this year- great!
3 years ago

4 comments:
oh my gosh! Beth, that sounds so painful!
Sounds fun! How do I sign up for one of those... LOL I love your blogging good job.
I am so sorry for your pain! But I couldn't help but laugh at your braking part of the story. haha Your earlier 'flipabitch' story brought back memories of a certain person in the back of my car freaking out when I went to flipabitch and didn't quite make it and cars were coming our way. Good times, good times!
bummer!sorry about your leg. hope it gets better fast! endure it well...Hunter says your autographed copy of his art should arrive before halloween!:)
Post a Comment