Monday, October 20, 2008

Great Weekend!

I am so spoiled!
What could possibly be better than a weekend of watching movies with my awesome husband, and eating all of our favorite foods?........ A weekend that Grandma agrees to take the girlies! I love my girls, but it was so nice to have them go to Nick's mom's for the weekend for our anniversary- she could not have given me a better gift. They love to go to her house- she is a super duper FUN grandma, who loves to paint and craft and doesn't mind the mess- that is why I send all of our messy crafty stuff to her house:) It makes me feel better about sending them away for the weekend when I know they are going to have a great time!
Nick and I spent all of Saturday and Sunday watching movies- at the theatre and at home- which is our favorite passtime and we ate at some our favorite restaurants-the ones we never take the girls to- NO McDonald's this weekend! I love when we get moments like these to catch up on each other's lives, and to discuss what we want to accomplish in the next little while. I think it strengthens our marriage somehow to just have a little time to ourselves. Sometimes I feel selfish wanting this time but I try not to think too much about it, and just enjoy it! Thanks for the great weekend honey, and a big thanks to Gma Trice!!!!!

3 comments:

trublubyu said...

it is always such a recharge to have time alone with your spouse. it sounds like you had a great set-up.

That Dorn Family! said...

Wow! Where can I get one of those grandmas? Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. That's great.

Anonymous said...

Aaaww!! How sweet that you got to spend time with your hubby! Don't be jealous that I get to do that every weekend. :) Miss and love you guys!