Thursday, October 2, 2008

Dumb Fast Food People

I went to Burger King yesterday and I ordered a small onion ring for myself and a hamburger for Ainslie. I was in the drive thru, so when the girl handed me my order, I didn't look too closely at it-just set it on the passenger seat and drove off. I got down the road and decided to dig in- the smell was killing me. Opened up the onion rings and alas- there on top was a beautiful golden french fry. My first thought was BONUS- I love when you get a little something extra. But wait, there underneath my next onion ring was another fry- double bonus. Then upon further investigation, I discover that there are exactly 5 onion rings and 24 french fries. AHHHHHHHH! I hate that - if I wanted fries, I would have ordered them and NOT the onion rings. So there I was driving down the road and flaming mad about this- I know, it's just food you are saying, but to me it is the priniple of the matter! So, I turned around (that is the nice thing about small towns - you can "flipabitch" right in the middle of the road and noone is there to see you do it) and I headed back to Burger King. Now, if I haven't mentioned this before, my foot is in a boot cast- long story- and I try not to get out of the car unless I have to-that is why is chose the drive thru- but now I had to go back in. I get to the counter and the lovely teenage girl looks at me and then at the drive-thru girl and says "another mess up". To which I nicely say- well, not really, I got the correct food sort of, and I exlain what the problem is. She honest to goodness say "ugh, I will be right with you" . Then there was the voice from beyond- a guy behind the fryer saying "Can you just help that lady" the girl says "I'm not sure I can- I don't know what I should do". Okay, are you freaking kidding me!!!!!!!!!! It was all I could do to not reach across the counter and pull on her beautiful blonde hair (please tell me McKyrie will not be this dumb) THIS is what you do - you 1. apologize- we are so sorry, sometimes that happens 2. FIX IT- let me get you another onion ring. But no, instead she turns her back on me and begins putting together another order. The voice from beyond says- just help her, and the blonde teenie bopper says nothing. Then FINALLY the voice from beyond comes from his hiding spot and politely apologizes and begins to scoop up a lovely pile of onion rings- a Large I might add- I told him I only ordered a small and he soooooo kindly said that it was okay and that he hoped this made up for my trouble :) What a guy- someone who knows what customer service is. I thoroughly enjoyed all 22 of my onion rings and smiled the whole way home p.s. I hope the blonde chippy slips on a fry j/k!!! (will I get bad Karma for that?)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why are you in a foot Cast?

trublubyu said...

i am so sorry you had to endure such injustice.

i wanna know why you are in a cast, too.

Jill * Zane said...

Messed up orders suck! And clueless teenagers are just icing on the cake. You are such a good blogger, Beth! Now you have to blog about your foot cast. Enquiring minds want to know. :)

That Dorn Family! said...

I am so glad you are blogging. I am enjoying catching up. Sorry about your experience. There are certain places here in town that when I walk in and see who is behind the counter I just want to walk out. I know how well they do in school - do I really want them serving me food?

Erin said...

Oh Elizabeth - this just really makes me miss you! You crack me up!