Friday, October 10, 2008

Fall Break








So, last week was Fall Break and what a great one we had! I let McKyrie ditch school on Friday- come on, it's just 1st grade- and we headed off to Granna and Poppa's, minus the husband-sorry Nick- I hate that you always have to stay behind and work! The girls were just GOLDEN and got along so well-maybe it was the crisp fall air, or the fact that we were at Granna and Poppa's! Maybe I am just becoming a more patient parent, or maybe Ainslie has chilled out a bit, but they played and played and played all week and had very few disagreements-YEAH! I love it when they get along and I love to see them pretending school or dress up or "pick up the pine cones"(Granna's invented self-benefitting game). Their imagination is growing so quickly, and what beautiful imaginations they have. Here are some pics of the fun things we did. They especially had a good time feeding the ducks at Rainbow Lake with my mom- I swear those are the same FAT ducks that I used to feed as a kid- they never migrate South for the winter because so many people feed them!
p.s. I let the cat live!!!-I couldn't find him!

2 comments:

That Dorn Family! said...

I am happy that you don't have the murder of a cat on your hands - even if it did deserve it!

Heidi said...

Love the "pick up the pinecone game" idea! Great month to play hookie from school and enjoy the world as your classroom and spend quality time with fam. You are an awesome mom!