who SWALLOWED a fly- and the old lady is little ol' me! While reading a lovely bedtime story to my sweet 3 year old, a fly came along and thought he would enjoy the tall tale. He did nothing but annoy me. I spent the first 5 pages shooing him away. Upon the turning of that endearing 5th page, I began to yawn- don't all moms yawn while they are reading- It always seems to make me sleepy when I am laying in their bed reading a book-it's like my body goes into instant goodnight mode.
Anyway- When I began to yawn, that pesky little, germ infested, fly flew right into the back of my throat!!!! EWWWWWW is all I can say and I did what any calm mom who doesn't want their children to be afraid of flies (and believe me they are) does- I completely FREAKED out and ran to the bathroom and proceeded to make myself gag the fly back up! When the putrid black vermin was in the sink, I ever so gently rinsed him down the drain- good ridance- and then returned to sweet little 3 year olds bed to finish our story. Do all FLIES go to heaven?
3 years ago

6 comments:
SICK!!! I would have done the exact same thing you did! Gag that nasty fly right back up! Major vomit.
Mmmm fly protein. I have to say, that's great. I have never heard of someone swallowing a fly while reading a bedtime story. Were you reading Froggy?
i am totally laughing cause I can just see you now!!! Cool and calm! HAHAHA! Funny story..
Oh that is so gross. I would of done the same thing.
i don't know if all flies go to heaven, but anything that goes down a drain goes to p. sherman, 42 wallaby way, sydney- right? if it finds that strawberry shortcake ring, well, whatever.
seriously, ewww! sorry about that.
I can't believe that it flew into your mouth while yawning... I was just thinking that it must have been a big yawn or liked what you had for dinner!
To get Danica's picture on my blog I just scanned it on my scanner and saved to my computer.
Post a Comment