Monday, October 27, 2008

Lesson #42

I love candles- especially the kind that make my house smell all nice and yummy like the local Bakery-favorite scent for me is any type of Pumpkin spice- I almost could eat those candles.

So, today, just like any other day I did the dishes, scrubbed the stove and cleaned out the microwave (I still have no idea what blew up in there). I threw the rag in the sink and rinsed my hands-then I saw my lovely Pumpkin Spice Gold Canyon candle and thought- I should light that and make the house smell all yummy. I reached in the cupboard for my butane lighter and could not find it (husband has it at his office, so this next part is all his fault), then I saw the matches. I grabbed a lovely smelling sulfur ridden match and promptly struck it on the box- it said to do so. I leaned my wet hand into the candle and HOLY MOTHER OF ALL FLAMING FIREBALLS, my hand singed and singed!!!!!! I seem to remember somewhere in my "you're not so stupid guideline book" that when your hands are wet you never EVER go near open flames for fear of being singed. I sometimes forget this when I am pulling something out of the oven and my hands are damp and the heat seeps through the potholder, but a candle??? What was I thinking???? The candle is lit and the house smells yummy and my lesson has been learned!!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

At least the wax doesn't burned you!(i've had experience with that and a 2yr old) We wouldn't want to Give Gold Canyon a bad name! (j/k, cuz I sell them!) How are you Beth? I haven't seen you since Robyn's surprise party.

Jill * Zane said...

OH MY GOSH!!! Everyone is asleep and I am trying my darndest to stifle my laughter to keep from waking anyone up! My chair is rocking! HOLY MOTHER OF ALL FLAMING FIREBALLS is my new fave saying. And I learned something new - had no idea about wet and heat and all that. Which is surprising considering all of the many painful lessons I've learned so far.